Chapter 33: Star City

After the day the team had had, you all decided it was time to take a break and recoup. Music was playing in the study as you all gathered to celebrate your victory of rescuing Stein, Ray, and Mick. Drinks were being handed out.

"Courtesy of Yuri the bear," Mick told everyone.

"How did you even have time to steal this?" Sara asked glancing at the drink being poured into her glass.

"Multitasking?" you ask eyeing Leonard.

He glanced sideways at you with smirk before answering Sara.

"There's always time to steal."

As your glass was being filled Sara looked at you.

"I thought you didn't drink?"

"Once again, I am saying we are in Soviet Russia at the height of the cold war with stolen alcohol from a Russian mobster. How could I not at least try it?" 

Sara just smiled and shook her head as if to say fair point.

Just as drinks finished pouring Ray went over to Mick. "Thank you," Ray said holding up his shot at Mick "and just so you know I know your more than just a thief."

"You took a beating for me. Were even. End of story." Mick said looking unphased.

"Well thank you" Ray reiterated.

"More drinking less feeling" Mick grunted out. You knew he must feel uncomfortable as he was not usually the one getting thanked.

" A toast," Professor Stein started, "to the first time we haven't completely ruined the timeline." 

"Please tell me that's true Gideon." Rip grimaced looking up at the ceiling.

"The projections of the future are back to normal." Gideon answered. You all smiled with pride.

"I'll drink to that" Kendra said as you all held up your glasses. 

"To Rip" Leonard said " to things not going according to his plan."

You knew Leonard was referencing Rips plan to kill Stein. You wondered if Professor Stein would ever know what Rip's orders really were as he also toasted the captain. "To the captain."

You all followed in sync. "To the captain."

You took a drink. It was strong. You made a face and quickly sat the glass down. "Yeah...no." You said laughing at yourself.

Some of the others had taken a drink and laughed along with you but Stein was quick to interrupt Jax suddenly remembering something. "Now hold on Jefferson you're not quite 21."

Jax gave Stein a pointed look.

"In 1986, the drinking age in Russia was 12 so..." Sara suggested.

Stein seemed to think for a second before letting out a sigh. "Well perhaps we can let it slide this one time. After all you were the hero today. You saved my life." 

"Oh that?" Jax joked "that was no biggie."

"Having merged with an insane Russian scientist, I now know how lucky I am to have you as my partner" Professor Stein smiled.

"Partners" Jax smiled as they clinked glasses before drinking.

You watched their nice moment smiling to yourself. Your gaze shifted when you felt someone burning holes into you. Sitting across the study in a chair was Leonard who seemed to be in a trance. Your smile dropped. Even if you had joked with him moments before you were still mad at him. Leonard suddenly seemed to notice you were staring back and slightly adjusted his head now staring at you instead of through you. You narrowed your gaze and folded your arms. You had thought you and him were growing closer. That you were a team. But the way he acted in the jail cell was not very team like. Leaving Ray, you were not surprised to hear but you felt like he was just gonna abandon you. Yet he rushed to help Sara. You looked away first with a small scoff. Just as you started to walk out of the study the ship was hit sending you all to the floor.