Chapter 34: Looting in the Chaos

Re-entering the Waverider sparks were still flying and smoke was still rising in the air as you entered the vortex. It was bad enough the Waverider crashed (again) but now you had to figure out what was going on with the timeline that made 2046 like this.

"All right Rip tell us the truth" Sara demanded.

Rip turned around to face everyone with a sigh before explaining. "You've all seen how this timeline is malleable- influx until it is set. Well, this future is not set. Remember when I told you it was dangerous for any of you to know too much about your own futures? Well, the events that you dread could very well come to be do to your actions to prevent them."

"You know what I think," Mick spoke up "I think you think too much."

"Believe me when I tell you that the best thing for yourselves and for the mission is to make the repairs to the Waverider here in 2046 then head back to your own time and make sure that none of this ever comes to be." Rip finished giving you all a hard stare before walking off again.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

After Jax, Rip, and Ray took a look at the engine it was determined that one of the parts needed fixing could actually be acquired here in 2046 in what was now called Smoak Industries, or Palmer Tech as you knew it in your timeline. Sara, Mick, and Leonard were going to be sent out to retrieve the item. You felt relieved because this meant some time away from Leonard and besides you wanted to stay behind and help fix the Waverider. However, Ray being Ray was not gonna let you run away.

"I think you should go with them." Ray said coming up to you.

You decided to play dumb. "With who?" You asked not really looking at him and pretending to be busy.

He gave you the side eye that said you know who.

You sighed and looked at him "okay I do know but why should I go with them?"

"Not them, him. You need to talk to him. Clearly something happened between you two."

You gave him a sheepish look.

"Look, I lost my fiancé a few years back. There is nothing I wouldn't give to be able to speak to her again. If something happened you wouldn't be able to forgive yourself. I became the atom to protect the people I love. You still have Leonard, go talk to him."

You let out a heaven breath and looked at Ray. "Why do you have to be so good at pep talks?"

He smiled at you. "Just one of my many charms I guess."

You snickered before setting down what you were working on and saying "ok ok I'm going."
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

As you descended that staircase to the loading dock you heard talking. This however shushed when you entered the room.

You took one quick look around the room at them trying to avoid Leonard's eyes. You anxiously played with you fingers and made up and excuse.

"Turns out I'm not that great at mechanics but I think my speed would be really useful for the heist."

Rip just nodded at you giving you the okay before opening the door.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

"This is just a potential future. It doesn't matter if we kill anyone here right?" Mick asked as you walked through the rubble and the fire.

"Well to avoid the risk of a paradox it's probably best to refrain from killing anyone" Rip answered.

"I'm not gonna promise anything."

You rolled your eyes as if you expected a different answer.

"My sisters apartment used to be over here." Sara spoke up pointing.