Ch. 20

Spencer POV 

It has been a few weeks since the attack a few weeks since I've been severely injured and a few weeks since I am allowed out of this god forsaking bed.

Granted James and Tony won't leave the damn room and I don't mind that I'm sure they have been beyond worried. 

But this is enough, They both left a while ago to deal with something they wouldn't tell me so now is the perfect time. 

I take the IV out of my arm and remove the heart monitor. I grab a few clothes that Nat brought by a few weeks ago. 

Dark black leggings a tan oversized sweater and flats. I get dressed as fast as I can and walk out of the room. I am so over this bed rest thing. 

I walk to the roof. The sun just disappeared behind the city. The snow flakes falling from the sky the city is so beautiful at night. my arms are folded on the rails as I watch the city get covered in snow flakes. 

I smile softly at this. It's almost like out of a painting. It was beautiful. 

I hear the door slam open but I don't look back. 

"Spencer what are you-" James began

"Shh." I say as I continue watching as the sky turns dark. 

"You really shouldn't be out-" He began 

"Shh." I say 

I lay my head on his bicep since I'm in flats and he's much taller than me. 

"It's almost like it's out of a painting or a Childs book." I say softly 

He is silent for a moment before responding. 

"It is." He says 

It was so quiet. Normally you would hear the busyness of New York but even that was quiet. It was peaceful. 

"Spencer we need to get you back to bed." He says 

"I'm fine I'm tired of laying in bed." I say 

"I know you are but you need to heal." He say 

I sighed 

"Just a little while longer." I say 

"Okay." He says his chin resting on top of my head. 

                                    Tony POV 

Me and Nat were seeing what was happening. Oh no, no, no! 

I glared 

"Careful Tony you might burn a hole in his head." Nat says with a chuckle 

"Leave them be, You know this was bound to happen since you assigned him to protect her." Nat says again 

"Don't blame this on me." I say glaring at her 

"Well I'm just saying them spending so much time together. what did you think was going to happen?" She says 

I glare knowing exactly what she was going on about but I still didn't like this. She just got out of that relationship with that dirt bag I don't think she's ready for this yet. But I know what she would say right now. 

That's not for you to decide Tony you're my brother not my father. 

But then again she's more meek and tame since she arrived here due to that ass.

I watch as she lays her head on his arm I just turn around and walk back in the tower 

"If she can walk all the way up here she's feeling better at least." I say 

I hear Nat chuckle