Routines and Romanticism Pt 2

Magsimula sa umpisa

"No rush, TT just making sure you didn't fall in. I'll be in my room with the massage oil when you're out!" Cheryl explains and Toni feels another wave of blush hit her cheeks though this time she blames it on the heat of the water.

She's trying to kill me. A bath? A massage? What did I do to deserve-

"Are you hungry? I can run over to pops and get some burgers for after?" Cheryl's voice comes from behind the door again

"Whatever you want. I don't mind either way."

"Burgers it is" she responds, disappearing again after saying her peace.

Now Toni is sure she did something good with her day to earn all this kindness.

Cheryl doesn't come back until the water in the bath runs cold and Toni is just barely wrapping herself in a towel.

This time she doesn't stay on the other side of the door.

She barges in, Pop's bag in hand and shocks her roommate completely.

"Cheryl!" Toni yells, struggling to cover herself to the point that she slips over her own feet and somehow ends up on the tiled floor.

"I'm so sorry! Are you okay?" Cheryl abandons the food on the counter to approach Toni but the girl just holds a hand out in front of her stopping any proximity.

"Please wait outside. I'll be out right now I just...I need a minute."

Cheryl accepts, ducking her head in embarrassment and retreating from the bathroom.

She even leaves the pops bag on the counter.

Way too close of a call.

Hopefully she didn't see anything...

After a few moments Toni manages to get herself off the floor, drying her body and replacing her damp towel with a warm robe.

She exits the bathroom in search of her roommate, hoping to smooth over the rather awkward events that unfolded just a little bit ago but finds nothing.

The apartment is empty.

"Cheryl?" She calls out, worry growing in her chest by the minute.

Did I scare her off?

Just as she gets half a mind to call the cops, she hears her phone vibrate on the counter.

Roomie 🍒: Had an emergency, heating pad is in the hallway hopefully that helps the soreness! Eat up! Goodnight!

Of course.

Toni sighs, tossing her phone back on the counter and retreating to her corner of the house.

After gathering everything she needed she clicked on the tv and settled into bed with her takeout bag and the heating pad working wonders on her quads.

After a few moments her brain did as it usually did and found an excuse to bring up Cheryl.

In this case it was, this vampire chick looks exactly like Cheryl.

Red hair. Pale skin. Pouty lips. Long legs...

"Stop" She has to tell herself out loud, physically shaking the thoughts away as she discards her trash into the takeout bag.

She allows herself one more trip around the house to tidy up in hopes that she'd catch Cheryl coming home from her 'emergency' but no such luck.

Tonight she would be left alone in this suddenly too big apartment surrounded by a suddenly smothering silence.

Goodnight then....

A/N

So I took a minute because my inspiration completely left me but don't worry I love them too much to give up on this short story lol.

Hope you guys liked this little bit and I'll be back with more sooner rather than later!

-Jai