Gone

I was thinking on the couch thinking about my brother, we haven't talked in years, ever since he said I am dead to him. Nina was sleeping on Deck's chest even tho he was hurt, he still love holding Nina ever since she was a little girl. 

I got up and put a bullet on them as both were asleep and I did a little work, my mind slip back to the past. 

Flashback 

" You are leaving, just like that" 

" Brian, I got into the job I want and yes I am leaving, the job is in the UK, you and Mum can always come to visit". 

" I don't care about that, I don't like London, you leaving because I have a criminal record"

"No Brian, it has nothing to do with that. This has been my dream,  I am not leaving because of that, why can't you be a supporter, Mum is, she was so happy that I got in" 

" I could care about what you want,  I want you to stay here, mum needs you here". 

Are you kidding me, Brian, I love Mum, and she is planning to leave soon, Mum isn't happy here and she wanted me to follow my dream. 

You abandon this family like dad, you are actually like dad, you don't care about this family one bit you are no O'Conner". 

I just watch Brian says these words, and I said "I am not Dad and how dare you say that, I have been by your side when you get arrested and I show up to your trials and begged the court that you were just a kid having fun, you think Dad would ever do that no, he doesn't care about us Brian, Now you act like I dead to you, the first time you got arrested I  pay for you to get out! The trust is you haven't been here, you haven't seen mum have a hard time paying the bills Brian, you haven't been here because you and Roman hurt people did you know the two people you hurt were sent to hospital, both lived and they sent our mother the bill, she had to sell her rings and the car, you have no idea what has been happening here, mum is stressed out and you aren't helping her in any way, I am not abandoning our family,  I am sending half my pay-check to mum to help you keep out of trouble, I am the one who pays for early release, and you know what I won't bail you out again, make a change Brian or you will lose everything. And I won't be helping you because you don't want it, I love you Brian and Now  I have to go my fight is soon, Goodbye Brian, you will never see me again".

I heard Brian call my name more than once, once I got in the car with my mum and drove off, I told her what happened to say she was mad and was not saying anything she was done right furious, I told her if Brian want the money I send her then that will not happen, I am not upset by my brother's words, I am upset that this had to be a fight instead of support. I would always keep track of my brother, I love him, but little did I know he would hurt someone close to me. 

I kiss my mother goodbye and I told her I could see her soon. And I got on the plane. 

" Babe you ok"?

Deckard's voice made me snap out of the daydream I was having. I nodded and said, " Thinking of Brian, I wish it didn't end the way it did".

Nina was sleeping in his arms and said: " My love, he calling you your dad isn't something that is ever ok, remember when you told me you were pregnant, I panic  because my dad wasn't the best father in the world to us, then you told me you aren't going to be that man because you are going to be different, well the same is true here". 

I smiled and remember the memory and smiled and said "You freak out when my water broke remember". 

Deckard smiled and wrap another arm around my waist and kiss my forehead and said " I remember, now I have to get this little Princess to bed, meet you in the bath". I smiled and said, "I will be there". 

I walk to my daughter's room and watch Deckard read her to sleep and I smiled watching the scene in front of me. 

This is my family and I won't let anything change that. 

Author note - I don't know what happened to Brian's dad, for the sake of this story, he abandon Brian and Elizabeth and Helen ( Brian and Elizabeth's mother). He also was a big drunk and treat Helen badly. Also, Elizabeth is the oldest, and Brian is the youngest. 

I have a story called The Enemy's sister which Cipher has a sister comment below some ideas, you would like to see happen to Cipher's sister is she a mercenary or agent and ex of Brixton? Let me know. 

Also, what do you think of what Brian said to her? As the writer write this out, I got super mad at Brian, mean she isn't walking out on you.