[12]

♣♣♣
April 2012, NYC

FUNNILY ENOUGH, Anastasia feels very powerful as she's standing between her six fellow teammates, holding the sceptre in her hands

FUNNILY ENOUGH, Anastasia feels very powerful as she's standing between her six fellow teammates, holding the sceptre in her hands. It's funny because she's surrounded by a literal God, the Hulk, a super-soldier and a genius in a 6 foot suit. All of those men tower above her in height.

Yet she still feels powerful.

You'd think all that testosterone would cancel out her worth, her pride, her confidence.

But no, as Loki looks at her with pure fear in his eyes and Natasha looks at her with pure pride in her eyes and the sceptre in her hands is pointed at Loki's neck, Anastasia somehow feels more powerful than she's ever felt.

Clint puts up his bow, nearly skewing Loki's eyes as the team stands around the archer fiercely.

And they all have a damn reason to.

They're the Avengers, they saved NYC and possibly even the world.

Loki's eyes move from the Red Widow to Iron Man, to Captain America and to the Hulk.

A fake, charming smile appears on his lips.

''If it's all the same to you, I'll have that drink now.''

♣♣♣

''Who gets the- uh- magic wand?'' Natasha asks with a smirk, pointing at said magic wand in her sister's hands

''Strike team is coming to get it.'' Steve replies as said team walks out of the elevator.

''Let me take that from your hands.'' Sitwell says with a polite smile.

''By all means.'' Anastasia replies with a small smirk, patting her hands when she lets go of it.

''Careful with that thing.'' She calls out over her shoulder as she walks away.

''Yeah. You'll get your mind erased, and not the fun kind.'' Clint says, pouring glasses of very strong, very alcoholic drinks.