[06]

♣ ♣♣
December 2011, NYC

ANASTASIA IS QUIETLY CROUCHED on the floor

ANASTASIA IS QUIETLY CROUCHED on the floor. Her eyes scan from the sparkly gold ornament in her hand, to the flashy green tree. She doesn't really celebrate Christmas, but since it's Steve's first time in the 21st century, she figured she'd make something of it.

14th of December, that's when she gets back in the field with her first mission. So, the super spy won't be with Steve during Christmas.

In fact, Anastasia probably won't be with him ever again.

But she still has 6 days before going.

Steve is currently... actually, Anastasia has no idea. But, either way, when she told him she'd be in Pakistan on the 14th of December for a mission, Rogers gave her a boyish grin and told her he was happy for her.

She could clearly see he was lying.

''Shit!''

The Red Widow's deep in thought when she nearly drops glass ornament in her hand. Her reflexes are quick to react and she stops the ornament with the pit of her knee.

Anastasia jumps off of her chair after putting a peak on the three, and she watches her work with a proud grin.

Steve'll have a heart attack.

♣ ♣ ♣

''Jesus, Stacia!''

''Jesus, Stacia!''

''You're Christian, you can't say that. Especially on Christmas.''

''Can it, Romanoff.'' He mocks as he raises his eyebrows slightly.

But Steve doesn't keep his eyes off of  the large Christmas tree in front of him.

''How is it so.. perfect?'' He asks as he walks towards the tree.

''It's fake.'' Anastasia deadpans. ''Oh,'' Steve shrugs.

His eyes are slightly wide, the tree is full of dozens of shining colourful ornaments - he's used to maybe 10 little wooden pieces.