Silent day

Neteyam had awoken from feeling his body be shaken. Groaning out, he weakly slapped whoever was touching him. "Neteyam!" The voices screamed in his ear, causing Neteyam to jump out his skin. "Oww!" Neteyam yelled out, clasping a hand over his ear as it lowered due to the sensitivity. Turning on his side, he was faced with a smug and thinly smile above from his little brother and sister, Tuk and Lo'ak.

Rolling his eyes, he sat up as his younger siblings moved back. "Morning sleepyhead! Mom says to come out and eat breakfast with us" Lo'ak said, gesturing his head to the open space. "Ok, I'll be there! And don't scream in my ear again!" Neteyam grumbled, lightly shoving his brother. Lo'ak stuck out his tongue as he pushed his brother back, laughing at him. "Whatever! Get your ass up!" Lo'ak said, getting up and leaving his space.

"Don't curse around Tuk! Dad said so!" Neteyam yelled out as Lo'ak turned back, flipping him off. "Idiot.." Neteyam said, playfully rolling his eyes. "Teyam?" Tuk called out, as Neteyam turned and faced her. "Yes Tuk Tuk?" Neteyam answered. Looking away for a bit, Tuk furrowed her brow bones as she didn't know if she could ask this. "Are you going to be staying with us this time?" She asked, voice quiet as she frowned.

Neteyam frowned at his little sister, feeling his head tilt in confusion. "What do you mean Tuk? Of course I'll be staying" Neteyam said, holding his hands out wide; as Tuk went into her older brother's embrace and laid her head on his chest. "You promise? Because you are always out the marui and never come back.." Tuk quietly said, as she felt her eyes water. Neteyam felt his heart break as he heard Tuk's sad voice. Did he really spend that much time with Ao'nung?..to the point his own little sister second guessed if he was ever going to come back?..

Neteyam felt sicken to his stomach as he thought of how much time he wasted with Ao'nung, forgetting all about spending time with his family. Holding his little sister close, he kissed her head. "I'll never leave you ever, Tuk Tuk. I promise to stay here with you forever. I'm not going anywhere anymore Tuk." Neteyam reassured as he held his little sister close. "Ok..you better keep that promise, Teyam.." Tuk said, lightly punching her brothers shoulder; causing Neteyam to laugh. "I will Tuk..I will." He firmly said.

"Let's go eat, yea?" Neteyam suggested as Tuk leant up. "Yea! I'm hungry!" Tuk said ecstatically. As they got up, Neteyam smiled at his little sister as they walked into the bigger space where everyone was. "Morning guys" Neteyam greeted his family, as everyone but Kiri looked back and greeted him back with a smile. Neteyam adverted his gaze to her and just stared at her, not knowing what to say, so he just took a seat next to his mother.

"Neteyam." His mom called out. "Yes mom?" Neteyam responded, facing his mother. Glancing between her eldest son and daughter, Neytiri sighed as she reached out, holding Neteyam's hand into hers. "Please go and talk to your sister. She hadn't been saying anything since after Lo'ak told me of you and Kiri's fight yesterday" his mother explained, as Neteyam looked away from her. "I can't ma.." Neteyam said, exhaling out as he pulled his hand back.

"Why not Neteyam?" His mother asked back, pursing her lips. "Because I need time away from everything ma. Not just Kiri, but away from-" Neteyam began to say, as he cut himself off, not wanting to say his name. Neytiri looked at her son with a questioning look as she waited for Neteyam to finish his sentence. "From who?" She asked, narrowing her eyes. Neteyam sighed, as he spared his mother a look. "Don't worry about it, ma..I'll just talk to Kiri, ok?" Neteyam said, thinly smiling at his mother. "Thank you, Neteyam" his mother said, kissing his cheek. "Mhm" Neteyam hummed out.

After their little conversation, Neteyam sighed as his mother got up and passed out the food that was now ready. When she got to Neteyam, she gave him his wrapped leaf and Neteyam thanked his mother as he took the wrapped meal, untying the knots as he began to eat the saltfish, whitefish, and Akula meat with a side of a few slices of fruit. He sighed as he started to eat the food that was prepared.