A chaotic day

The sun had begun to rise into the early morning. Ao'nung turned in his sleep as he didn't want the sun in his face. He let out an exhale as he fell back into a soundly sleep. Though, his ears perked up as a noise rustled next to him. He grunted out tiredly, indicating to be quiet. His ears picked up on the sound of a chuckle. He exhaled out before opening his eyes. He was immediately met with Neteyam smiling down at him. "Morning Ao'nung." Neteyam softly greeted, as his smile grew.

Ao'nung hummed back. "Morning Neteyam.." Ao'nung greeted back, smiling tiredly. "Are you ready to eat now?" Neteyam had asked as he began to sit up. "Not yet..I'm still tired.." Ao'nung tiredly said, slowly blinking. Neteyam lightly laughed as he slightly tilted his head. "Ok..I'll start on the food. You just rest till then, ok?" Neteyam said, smiling again. Ao'nung nodded, smiling a little. "Thank you.." Ao'nung quietly said, before going back to sleep.

Neteyam stared down at Ao'nung a little bit more as he took in the peaceful expression. He gently reached down and brushed back a loose braid out of Ao'nung's face before pulling his hand away and standing up. Neteyam started to hum to himself as he walked to where Ao'nung kept the wrapped up meats and kneeled down as he opened it. In it, he picked out a large wrapped meal and a lighter one.

Both wrapped meats were in one arm as with the other, he closed the box and stood back up. As he continued to hum, he walked over to the fire pit and sat down; as he placed the two meals in front of him. From the corner of his eyes, he could see the left over lion berry fruit on the ground. He leaned his body to his side as he reached over and scooted the fruit over.

Neteyam continued his humming; humming a lullaby his grandmother sang to him back in the forest; reminiscing on the memory, a small smile tugged on his lips. Though, his focus narrowed as he started up a renewed fire. After a few-ish minutes, the fire sparked into flames. He unwrapped the larger leaf; revealing Akula meat and lifted the high stick and carefully skewered it on. As the Akula cooked, Neteyam turned to the remaining fruit.

Neteyam picked it up and pulled out his knife from its sheath. Before he cut it, he placed his knife back and hoisted himself up to stand. With the fruit in hand, he walked over to the open edge of Ao'nung's marui and knelt down on one knee as he outstretched the hand that held the fruit; washing it off so it was clean to eat. After dousing it in clean water, he shook off the excess water; before pulling back his hand and getting back up.

Before he walked back, he scanned the marui for empty leaves, and when he found it, he jogged over and picked up two leaves. He walked back to the fire, seeing that the Akula meat was golden brown and he sat down as he placed the wet fruit into his lap as he picked up the high stick and carefully and slowly pulled the meat off. Placing the Akula meat on their individual leaves, he then pulled the lighter leaf closer to him; opening it to reveal four fishes.

"Mm..the food smells good.." Ao'nung said, taking a big whiff of the freshly warmed up food. Neteyam let out a chuckle as he turned his head and faced Ao'nung with a smile. "Morning again sleepyhead." Neteyam teased. Ao'nung snorted out a laugh as he rolled his eyes. "Morning again, Teyam." Ao'nung said, smiling back. Neteyam stared a little bit more before he turned back around and skewered on the four fishes; and doing so, picked up the fruit as he was going to cut it as the fishes cooked.

Ao'nung let out a breath before he stood up and walked over to where Neteyam sat. He saw Neteyam glance over at him before focusing on the fishes. Ao'nung sat himself down next to Neteyam and had noticed the leftover lion berry in Neteyam's lap. He tilted his head to the side before reaching out and taking the fruit out of Neteyam's lap; seeing that Neteyam turned his head, facing him with slight widened eyes. "You are going to cut that?" Neteyam asked. "Yea.." Ao'nung simply answered as he took out his knife.