Kyojuro's fingers tapped nervously on his thigh, and Tengen's playful grin faded into a more uncertain expression.

Before Vivian could continue, Obanai's voice, barely audible, cut through the silence. "I think I've heard your voice before... but I can't quite remember where."

Vivian's eyebrows furrowed, surprised by Obanai's unexpected statement. "My voice? Have we met before, Obanai?"

Obanai shook his head, his eyes distant as he tried to recall. "I'm not sure. It's just a feeling, a fleeting memory perhaps."

Kyojuro leaned slightly toward Tengen, whispering under his breath, "Do you think he's onto something?"

Tengen shrugged, his eyes fixed on the unfolding scene. "Who knows? Maybe it's just a coincidence."

Vivian's gaze remained fixed on Obanai, a mixture of curiosity and concern in her eyes. "Well, regardless of that, there's something I wanted to report. It's about a situation that's been bothering me."

Obanai's attention snapped back to Vivian, his expression attentive. "Go on."

Just as Vivian was about to speak, a new and unexpected presence entered the conversation.

Sanemi stumbled into the scene, looking unmistakably drunk. His disheveled appearance, the scent of alcohol, and his flushed cheeks were impossible to miss.

"Sanemi!"

Tengen, Obanai, and Kyojuro exchanged surprised glances at Sanemi's condition, while Vivian's expression shifted from determination to a mix of disbelief and shock.

Tengen chuckled nervously, attempting to break the awkward silence. "Well, well, Sanemi, looks like you're having quite the party!"

Obanai's eyebrow twitched, clearly puzzled by Sanemi's sudden appearance and state. "Sanemi, what brings you here in this condition?"

Sanemi's laughter echoed through the air as he carelessly draped his arm around Obanai, his alcohol-induced state obvious. "Hey, Obanai! You should've been there, man! I had a hell of a drinking session with Kokushibo!"

Tengen's eyes widened, his eyebrows shooting up. "Kokushibo? That guy can really hold his own."

Kyojuro nodded in agreement, though his concern for Vivian remained evident in his gaze.

Sanemi's unfocused eyes landed on Vivian, his speech slurred as he addressed her. "Hey there, pretty lady. Have we met before?"

Vivian's heart raced, her shock giving way to a quick, adamant denial. "No, we haven't. I'm sure of it."

Obanai's gaze shifted between Sanemi and Vivian, his voice measured as he spoke. "Actually, Sanemi, Vivian does look familiar to me too, but I can't quite place where I've seen her."

Sanemi's unfocused gaze began to clear as he blinked a few times, the pieces of the puzzle slowly falling into place.

He scratched his head, his words slurring less as realization dawned on him. "Wait... I remember now. I've seen you before, Vivian."

Vivian's heart raced even faster as Sanemi's words registered. She read the situation unfolding before her and realized she was at a loss for how to proceed.

Kyojuro and Tengen exchanged concerned glances, sensing the tension building in the air.

Vivian stammered as she tried to find an excuse to leave the conversation, her voice shaky. "Um, well, I should probably... excuse myself... Someone's calling me."

As Vivian attempted to excuse herself, Sanemi's arm shot out, preventing her departure.

His brow furrowed in concentration, his words still slurred from the effects of alcohol. "You gave me, like, 20 bucks for... a quickie in the closet."