There I saw myself laying dead in front of me

There I saw myself laying dead in front of me. I was still lying in bed, with the bloody knife held in my hands. It was still so late at night, there was hardly a glimmer of light in my bed room. I look over at the clock and see the numbers 3:44 am in a green digital fashion, lighting up the nightstand where it stood. I look down at the body, as blood seeps from it's chest. A pool of the horrible red liquid formed a nice circular area around the body. It was still looking up at me, a look which seemed stuck somewhere between terrified and confused lingered there. I saw it lift up it's arm in an attempt to reach for me. Then it dropped back down to the floor, thumping into the puddle, and there it stayed.

 I looked back down at the knife and whipped the blood off so I could see my reflection. The face staring back at me was angry. For some reason I could feel the hate radiating off of the steel surface, but I don't feel angry at all, if anything I would say I was as confused as my dead self. I drop the blade, and watch as it falls next to the hand which at one point tried to tell me something. I feel ideas swirling around in my head, I have no idea how this just happened.

 I try to clear my head. Stumbling off of the twin bed I head for the door. I fumble down the stairs as I try to regain any form of thought. I eventually find my way to the kitchen. I rubbed my eyes, and headed for the sink. I turned the cold water on full and splashed multiple handfuls into my face, to wake me up. As the water drained off of my face, several drops finding their way back to the sink, some clarity found it's way back to my mind. I went over to the phone to call 911, but there was no dial tone when I picked it up. I slowly set the phone back down on the hook, and as I do so I notice that on the digital read out it says that the time is 3:59 am. Casually I take a walk around the house, once more so that I can further clear my mind. In the dinning room I find a birthday cake sitting on the table with a knife sticking out of it. I take the knife so that I can stick it back in the sink when I eventually work my way back to the kitchen. Though I must say that something told me to look into the reflection in the blade like I did with the other one. What I found this time was a face twisted with agony. I slowly dropped my hand back down to waist level, and re-examined the cake. There was a card sitting just off to the right of the cake. I walked back over and picked it up. On the front was a funny birthday message. I flipped it over to the inside and was surprised by what I read. I do not feel it necessary to say what was written. But I will say this. I the letter my wife vividly described all of the terrible things that I had done to her. And then she gave me a wonderful depiction of her life with out me, which admittedly sounded pretty good judging by what she had said I had done. The problem was that I had never done any of those things. And then she said that she was going to leave me. I looked back down at the knife, I was fueled by a new anger that I haden't felt before. I walked back to the kitchen and bent under the phone. I cut the phone cable. 

 With that done I walked back up the stairs and to my bedroom, the knife held so tightly in my hands that there was hardly any blood getting to the fingers. I opened the door to my bedroom, and there I saw myself sleeping in the bed. The clock next to the bed read 3:43 am, but I didn't really pay that small detail any attention at that time, mostly due to the fact that I was quite angry. The anger you feel when your brother tries to pretend to be you while you are away on a business trip, is like nothing else. I walked toward him, and before I know it, the knife leaves my hand, and enters my chest. And once more I looked down at myself, laying dead on the floor in front of me...

I sit up on the bed, and once more look down at the knife in my hand. I look over at the digital clock, and see that it says 3:44 am...

 There is an odd connection two twin brothers have.