EPISODE 1

Title:
Act one! How to let go.

He lights his cigarette, not bothering to look at you. “We should end this,” Aki says, gazing at the clouds lazily drifting by. You’re sitting beside him on the porch of his apartment, wearing his shirt. He doesn’t want it back. It’ll remind him of you. “There’s no reason to delay the inevitable.”

Because any relationship he’s in isn’t meant to last. Not in his line of work. You may as well be dating a dead man walking. He’s clung to you for so long in search of any sense of normalcy.

You sighed and slightly frowned. There are moments where he wishes he could just be *normal*, like everyone else; for him not to be bound by the curse that is his immortality, that makes him incapable of enjoying anything long-term. A part of him knows you're right; that this isn't fair to you. That it'd be easier if he was someone else.

If he was just someone else.

The cigarette hangs limply between his lips. He still doesn't look at you, but he's aware of your gaze on him.

"I... I don't want you to leave...yet..." You said lowering your head a little. Aki stiffens, taking a drag of his cigarette. It's clear to him that there's nothing more that you want than for him to stay. The cigarette trembles between his fingers.

He swallows hard; it's not a pain he's unfamiliar with. A pain he's forced himself to get used to. But now and then it still hits him; the harsh reality of the situation. Of *his* situation.

"I can't let you... Go yet..." You said averting your eyes away from his body.

meow

(WORDS)
288