'It's a funny life, huh?'

Start from the beginning

All three of us looked inside the globe and marveled at the sight - gold coins, jewels, and pearls laid there. I reached my hand and grabbed some before letting them slip through my fingers. "Blistering treasure. It's Red Rackham's barnacles." Haddock laughed with a squeal.

"What is this?" Haddock noticed something. He reached inside the globe and chuckled as he pulled out what seemed to be a pirate's hat. I realized that Sir Francis must have used his hat to catch the gold and then set it in this globe.

Haddock poured out the gold into a nearby metal bowl before putting the hat on - his ancestor's hat. "It suits you, Captain." I nodded to him. He smiled back the biggest smile, inhaling deeply - his back straighter and his chest puffed out.

Hearing something behind me, I turned to see Nestor coming back into the cellar holding a silver tray with 3 glasses of champagne. "Ah!" Haddock cheered. He grabbed two glasses and offered me one before turning and offering Tintin the other. "Just a wee tibble."

"A toast." I say and hold up my glass, linking arms with Tintin beside me.

"To our good fortune." Haddock said before drowning the glass in one go. "Ah, that's better." I took to sipping mine as did Tintin.

"It's odd, really. You would've thought, after all the fuss and bother, there would've been more..." Haddock trailed off.

"More treasure?" I finished for him and he nodded. "Well, there is, or was. By history's account, he looted half of South America. It's just not here." I said.

"Ah, nevermind, there's plenty to go around - speaking of, I've thought about it." He said looking at us.

"Thought about what?" Tintin asked. "The manor." He answered.

"Already?" I rose an eyebrow. "Of course, it was easy." He shrugged.

"What did you decide, Master Haddock?" Nestor asked him. "Since it's paid for and all, I'll just give it to you young lads." He answered.

"I'm sorry?" I shake my head, thinking I've heard him wrong.

"I think that's a wonderful idea, Master Haddock." Nestor supported him.

"We can't do that, Captain - this is your home, your family legacy." Tintin argued and I agreed.

"And who better do I trust than you two! Plus, I belong on the sea, but you two belong in a home, together." He reached out and put his hand on our shoulders.

"Please say you will, I don't want it to just sit here and collect more dust. I want it to be lived in - give Nestor someone to look after." Haddock refuted.

"The apartment is getting a little expensive..." Tintin thought aloud.

"I think that this would make a great home for you, Mr. Tintin and Miss Simmons. And a good story." He told us. "Think of the life you could build here."

Tintin and I looked at each other, trying to read the other's thoughts. He wasn't opposed to the idea. And well, I was happy where Tintin was. "All right, we'll keep the lights on for you." I told him.

"Ah-ha!" Haddock cheered, this time taking the champagne and pouring himself and Nestor a glass. We cheered once more together.

I looked over to Tintin and he had a huge smile on his face. "Our first home. Together." He said before leaning down a kissing me.

"It's a funny life, huh?" Haddock sighed and we both agreed. "Well, you've got your story for your newspaper."

"And a new home." I chuckled. "All's well that ends well."

"You better come and visit us from time to time

"You better come and visit us from time to time. This can't be the end of our adventures." I smiled at him.

"It won't be... It's not ended." Tintin spoke up. We all looked at him confused. "Sir Francis left another clue at the bottom of the globe." Tintin said.

"Why didn't you say anything before?!" I scolded him playfully. "A clue to what?" Haddock asked.

"Four-hundredweight of gold. Just lying at the bottom of the sea." Tintin said. My eyes went wide as did Haddock's.

"How's your thirst for adventure, Captain?" Tintin asked him.

"Unquenchable, Tintin

"Unquenchable, Tintin." The Captain replied.

"And you, Eleanor? Are you up for another adventure?" Tintin turned to me.

"With you? Anytime." I smiled.

THE END