Chapter 1

—- 27th May 2023 —-
—- 11.34 P.M., Seoul —-

Late at night in the city of Seoul, a young dark blue-haired woman in a red jacket is carefully approaching a dark allay way near an office building. She is armed with a gun, a portable knife and is holding a walkie- talkie in her right hand. She hides in the pitch darkness, waiting for someone.

"He should come out any second now, get ready". She puts aside her walkie-talkie and takes out her portable knife, waiting for her next move. A middle aged man exits the building shortly afterwards. The young woman whooshes down the walk path, following him. The man, feeling watched, runs away in fear of the worst. The young woman chases after him until the man reaches a dead end in a dark ally way near another building.

"No!! Don't hurt me, please!" The man cried in fear. He is backed up to a wall with no way to escape. The young woman approaches the man and stabbed him hard on his chest. The man collapsed to the floor before catching his final breath.

The young woman watches in cold blood before turning around, walking away with blood splattered on her face and clothes. She takes out her walkie-talkie and proceeds to talk in a deep voice. "Target assassinated, boss". A deep voice of a grown man then answered back "well done, come back to the hideout to receive your next mission"

"Another target right away? You'll catch attention form everyone especially from the police." The young woman asked

"Do I look like I care? Don't forget about the deal kiddo" The man replied in a cold manner

The young woman stayed silent for a while until the the man starts talking again.

"Listen to me, kid. Just do as I say and your worst nightmare won't come true. Do I make myself clear for the hundredth time?"

"Yes, boss" The young woman reluctantly replied.

"Good girl."

—- 28th May 2023 —-
—- 8.30 A.M., Seoul's police headquarters—-
A braided woman at about the age of 30 is sipping a cup of coffee peacefully in front of her computer in her office.
"Morning, officer Heejin" A woman of long black hair steps into to the office, striking a conversation. "Morning, officer Sooyoung" Heejin greets her while still sitting on her chair, resting her cup of coffee on her desk. "Alright, I'll get straight into the subject" Sooyoung exclaims, sitting on the chair opposite of Heejin with a serious face.

"A recent murder has occurred again and the two of us are chosen to take charge of this case." Sooyoung announced
"Alright then, let's get to it!" Heejin replies with an energetic expression, ready to begin her work. Sooyoung let's out a relief sigh and place  some folders that she brought in with her on the desk. "Good, these are the files I got last night from the police investigating team. The headquarters have sent more people to further examine the scene of the crime as you may saw early this morning. But these are the basic information of the victim."

Heejin picks up the first and only folder with any information, reading it to Sooyoung
"Victim: Park Insu
Gender: Male
Age: 34
Date of Birth: 1st October 1988
Date of Death: 26th May 2023
Cause of death: Suspected to be stabbed in the chest"

Heejin places her hand on her chin. "Quite a classic kill, but I just can't help but think of someone who could've committed the crime."
Sooyoung suddenly sits up straight, quickly turning her head to gaze at Heejin with curiosity in her eyes"Already? Who?"
"The young woman with long blue hair and a red jacket as her signature appearance"
Sooyoung knew immediately who Heejin was talking about. "Ah! The young woman that escaped prison on the same night she was arrested 5 years ago and was never caught ever again?"
"Exactly"