Chapter 3

Chapter 3

—- 29th May 2023 —-
—- 9.02 A.M.—-
—- Seoul Police Headquarters —-

After Sooyoung has welcomed Detective Jungeun inside, they settled inside Heejin's office.

"Good morning detective!" Heejin said with a bow.

"Hello again, Ms. Jeon." Jungeun bowed back.

"C'mon no need to be formal. We're already familiar with each other, are we not? Who cares if you're seven years younger than us." Sooyoung exclaimed before seating Jungeun down on an office chair right opposite of Heejin.

Jungeun glanced at the files on the table which quickly caught her attention. "Jung Jinsoul?" She asked while looking at both officers with a curious face.

Sooyoung looked at the files and glanced back at Jungeun "Ah! This is our main suspect. A break-in happened here last night and from what Heejin saw, we suspect 'her' to be the intruder that was trying to kill Heejin."

Jungeun's head immediately started processing "I see.."

"And we also think that an alliance was involved." Heejin added.

"All right, interesting. Could you tell me why?"

"So, you know how there are security cameras all over the headquarters, right? The intruder was busting through my office last night so you would think that they are definitely caught on camera so I arrived here earlier than usual to check the cameras but the camera to my office just only shows a black screen. I would think that it was hacked since it's hard to believe that my camera would break down on the exact night I'm gonna get murdered." Heejin explains.

Jungeun gives her a nod of approval. "In that case, an alliance is definitely possible. Is that the reason why you need my help? To find the alliance and find proof of the suspect of your interest?"

Sooyoung and Heejin nodded in unison.

"And one more thing." Sooyoung interrupted. "The past other cases are still unsolved. And the latest murder at KT Corp still hasn't come to a close yet. Me, Heejin and cheif Jaden suspects Jinsoul to be the culprit but we can't risk giving information to the public without any evidence other than just that our instincts point to her."

"Then we'll have to investigate further. If there isn't anything else, then we'll have to wait for another time." Jungeun suggested with a straight face. The officers were reluctant but agreed.

There was nothing left at each crime scene. They couldn't possibly link them to Jinsoul. But they could never stop suspecting her no matter what.

"Should we be raising awareness?" Heejin spoke up, raising her eyebrow.

"Oh, I forgot to mention. We have police officers already heading out to put up 'warning' posters all around the city. Since you came here much earlier than everyone else, you must've not seen them." Sooyoung answered and Heejin gave her a hand gesture of an 'okay'.

—- 11.50 A.M.—-
—- PTT Clan Hideout —-

//Yerim's POV//

The morning training routine for the assassins has just ended and they were about to head over to get lunch. Or if they don't want lunch, they could just go get some sleep or whatever that floats their boat.

Anyhow, I wanted to check on Jinsoul. I was worried since the boss forced her to go train when she isn't fully healed and when she was heading back to her cabin for a quick break, I noticed she was limping. But since I was told to stay put, I just stayed in my cabin and wait until the whole morning session to end.