【CHAPTER 1】

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn is to love and be loved in return."
-David Bowie

WELCOME TO FORKS

'Though my eyes could see, I still was a blind man
Though my mind could think, I still was a mad man'

The only words heard as a black '67 Impala is shown driving past a sign that says, "The city of Forks Welcomes You." A teenager is seen driving it while softly humming to the music on the radio.

'I hear the voices when I'm dreaming
I can hear them say'

'Carry on, my wayward son"

He's been driving for almost three days, finally making it to the small town where his uncle resides, who had just picked up his cousin from the airport yesterday.

After driving through the town for a few minutes, He pulls into the driveway of the house he'll be living in for the next few years.

Putting the car in park, he honks the horn notifying his uncle Charlie of his arrival and turning off the car while stepping out. Revealing, he wore a red shirt, a khaki denim jacket, blue jeans, and black vans.

When he heard a man who looked like he was in his late thirties to early forties opening the door and walking out with a visible smile that could be seen from afar, Ken smiled at that. Even after all these years, he was still happy to see him.

"Kenny, it's good to see ya, kid." his uncle says, pulling him into a hug.

"Hey, Uncle Charlie." accepting the hug.

"where's Bella?" wondering where she was.

"Oh, she is at school. I took today off to help you get unpacked and all. Also, where did you get an Impala?" Charlie says while helping unpack his luggage.

"It was Grandpa's. He left it to Mom, who gave it to me." explaining how he possessed such a legendary vehicle.

"This is his car? He told me he would give it to me. Damn, Bastard lied." Charlie said, not thinking of the man he called his Father in law.

"Yeah, Mom told me about it," he said while his uncle led him through the house and upstairs. They walked into a decently sized room with a queen bed, a small desk, and posters. "is that the Top Gun poster I got you for Christmas?" Ken said, pointing at the poster.

"Yeah, I had nowhere to hang it in my room, so I thought you might like it." his uncle said, reminiscing about that Christmas a few years ago.

"Thanks, I did buy it 'cause we both love that movie," he says, remembering when his uncle showed him what became his favorite movie when he was nine.