Tonight.

○ Normal POV ○

Tonight.

Tonight was the night.

The night she made a stand and stopped getting pushed around.

Shuffling around her room, Mirable shoved clothes and other items into her bag, not caring to be quiet.

The music of the party was far too loud anyway, so she didn't worry about Dolores or anyone else hearing.

Locking the bag shut, the teen throw her shoulder bag across her body, shoving the last of her belongings inside, along with some money she saved.
A sharp knock caused Mirabel to curse, throwing everything under her bed in an attempt to hide what she had been doing.
" Miraboo? It's Tia, may I come in? Por Favor?" Pepa's voice was so gentle, it almost made Mirabel regret her decision.

Don't get her wrong, she loved her Tia Pepa and her side of the family more than anyone could know.
Pepa was there for her when her parents couldn't be, was her shoulder to cry on, the person to tell her how much she was loved.
Felix was there to cheer her up and dance with her when she felt down.
Dolores took on the big sister role Isabela couldn't, always making time to spend with her Prima, being her big sister.
Camilo was her twin, her partner in crime, the first to come to her defense no matter what the case may be.
And little Antonio was a joy to have around.

Coming back, she pushed up her glasses while calling out a reply.
" Si Tia! Come on in," She replied hesitantly, but she hide it well.
The door opened to reveal a worried Pepa, a small cloud over her head.
" Dolores said she heard you running around, are you alright? After what happened earlier?" Pepa asked softly, shutting the door as she entered the room.

The question caused Mirabel to stop in confusion, Tia wasn't mad she ruined Antnoio's night.

" I'm fine Tia, and you're not mad at me? For ruining Tnito's night?." Mirabel questioned, her expression morphing from confusion to intrigued.
The cloud suddenly got bigger as the redhead spoke up. " What?! No no no, Mira! No! Of course not, because I know you would never lie like that, ever," Pepa spoke sternly as she grabbed her niece by the shoulders, squeezing them.

A small smile blossomed its way onto Mirabel's face but nothing could ever prepare her for the gut punch.
" Also, I know what you're planning Amor, Dolores has been keeping an ear out for you," Those words caused Mirabel's heart to fall to her feet, her face becoming deafening pale as her mind raced.

Would she tell her parents?

No, worse, would she tell Abuela?

" Tia Por favor! I beg you, don't tell anyone, especially not Abuela or Mama! Por favor!" She begged while gripping the redhead by the hands as she dropped to her knees.
Pepa slowly knelt to face her, lifting her chin.
" I won't say a word, nor will your tio, or your cousins," Pepa spoke softly as if a certain someone was listening, Mirabel went to protest but she continued speaking.
" I know how much you love that boy, so go with him, start a life, a good one, start a family, be happy," She spoke tearfully while pulling her girl into a tight hug, filled with nothing but pure undying love.

The tears rolled their way down Mirabel's face, her arms wrapped tightly around Pepa's shoulders as she returned the warm embrace.
" I will, thank you, Tia, thank so much," She cried, hiding her face in the women's boney shoulder.
They sat there for a moment or so, before pulling away and getting to their feet.
From her pocket, Pepa pulled out a bag of what seemed to be a good lot of coins.
" Here, take this, keep it hidden in your bag, it's enough to last you a good while," She explained as the girl quickly hide the bag in other things, making sure to hide it well.