Chapter 10: Bound by Fate

Start from the beginning

"...alright milady"

I sighed, I dodged a bullet there.

That corset is practically a torture device.

I'll never understand why women are forced to wear such a thing on a daily basis.

After entering this world, I think I have breathing problems now because of it.

"We could pair the dress with some long black gloves my lady," Eleanor said as she examined my dress.

"Good thinking Eleanor,"

"I think bright red lipstick would go well with the outfit too"

"Ah, could you also cover my scar with some makeup," I said as I rubbed my neck.

"Yes of course milady," Eleanor replied as she glanced worriedly at my neck.

Eleanor was troubled by the scar on my neck but I told her not to make a fuss about it before what happened ended up spreading throughout the duchy.

I was already treated at the Viscountcy after all.

***

After half an hour I was finally finished.

"Please go look in the mirror, my lady"

As I walked up to my body-length mirror, I was stunned.

The dress fit me perfectly, almost like a glove showing Ivanna's hourglass figure.

The dress was long and flowy near the bottom, with a slit going halfway up my right thigh allowing my bright red pointed heels to be seen.

The dress was paired with the black gloves Eleanor gave me which went all the way up past my elbows.

Both the gloves and the dress were made out of a velvet-like material that felt soft and luxurious.

Eleanor paired the look with long dangling diamond earrings and a simple diamond necklace to match.

As for my hair, I asked Eleanor to leave it naturally wavy.

Honestly, I prefer Ivanna's hair just the way it is.

Some people may think it's messy but I think it's part of Ivanna's natural beauty.

"It's almost time for the ball milady"

"I'll head downstairs now," I said as Eleanor bowed.

After making my way downstairs I overheard some people talking in the hallway.

As I peeped around the corner leading to the hallway I noticed,

Oliver...and the Second Duchess?

"Why do I have to focus on such things mother?"

"It's not like I'm going to take over the duchy"

"It's your fate, Oliver, you must accept it"

Fate huh? 

"You're the son of the Duke"

"You need to be prepared for any circumstances that may arise"

"I understand Julian is first in line to take over the Duchy but what if he falls ill?"

I chuckled, I doubt he will but a girl can dream.

"What if he has more important matters to attend to once your father and I are gone?"

"Who do you think is going to fill his absence?"