五 | New Friends

Start from the beginning

She swam deep down and she spotted the tentacles so she swam towards it. A male demon whos lower body resembled like an octobus noticed her.

"Oh, I didn't know that another water demon is present~" the octobus demon grinned, "a beautiful one." he added.

"You see the slayer up there?" Ayuna looked up to the boat, "if you don't mind, I'll get her. She looks strong, I'm sure I'll get more powerful once I devour her."

"Sorry mate, but she's mine. This is my territory and you're the intruder so you need to go through me first if you want her." the octobus demon growled.

"I don't think so." Ayuna turned around quickly and swam up to the surface to get the slayer with the angry octobus demon behind her who tried to stop her but she swam faster than him.

She jumped out from the water and made eye contact with the love hashira signaling her that the demon is right behind her. Ayuna landed next to her but not in the boat, she was standing on water.

The octobus demon also jumped out but to he was surprised by the sudden attack from Mitsuri who slashed most of his tentacles off. As he attempted to retreat in the water, Ayuna froze the surface around them stopping him and Mitsuri also got out from the boat using the ice surface as the ground.

Octobus demom: "What?! You're working with a slayer?! You traitor!"

"I never said I was on your side, so what did you expect? You're a real coward, you didn't even dare to come to the surface." Ayuna chuckled as Mitsuri ended his life and she noticed her unique-shaped nichirin sword.

"A beautiful sword and breathing style you have, it suits you." the sea demon complimented her human friend who got shy at the sudden compliment.

They drove back to the village after Ayuna broke the ice surface with her tail and Mitsuri decided to stay in an inn for the night.

"Thanks to you, we finished this mission so fast! If it weren't you, I think I needed some time to lure the demon out somehow." Mitsuri cheered.

"Glad to help." the sea demon smiled as her tail wobbled around satisfied, "Are we already going back tomorrow morning?"

Mitsuri: "You don't want to go back?"

Ayuna shook her head: "That's not it. It's just great to visit new places. I never traveled."

Mitsuri: "Then you're going to love it when you travel with my other colleagues!"

"I do. But they don't seem to like me since I'm a demon." Ayuna said without changing her expression.

Mitsuri: "I believe they will change their minds soon because you're awesome! To me, you're not a demon."

Those words were enough to encourage the sea demon and her smile brightens at her last phrase, "Thank you."

"Let's visit Shinobu tomorrow!" the love pillar declared, "She's my best friend and I'm sure she's going to like you too!"

"Let's see tomorrow."

-

On the next day the two of them visited the butterfly estate, and Ayuna knew the insect hashira is wary of her.

"Shinobu! I'm here to visit you!" Mitsuri cheered after spotting her friend in the yard.

"Mitsuri!" Shinobu was happy about her friend's visit and she invited her for tea.