15 | C U R I O U S

Start from the beginning

"Understood" Thor nods his head with a small smile before elbowing his brother who hadn't taken his eyes off the young girl.

"Is there a problem?" the duo says at the same time as Stiles wraps his arm around Maisie's waist in a protective stand.

"I'm curious" Loki speaks up observing the girl in front of him, causing Thor to frown at his brother's odd behaviour. When new people arrived at the tower Loki simply didn't care and did his own thing and only spoke when needed. Yet this time he seems to be almost intrigued about who she is.

"Oh well, that's not a good start." Stiles scratches the back of his head "Even heard of curiously killed the cat?"

"Yet satisfaction brought it back," Loki says with a grin. "Now I'm curious if you are truly mortal or not."

Maisie furrows her eyebrows "excuse me?" She turns her attention to Thor "is your brother alright?"

Thor only shrugs in response "he's adopted."

"There was no need for that you big oaf" Loki rolls his eyes.

"Anyways" Stiles clears his throat "is there a reason you think Maisie isn't human? Unless there's something you haven't told me?" He states narrowing his eyes at his best friend.

"Seriously?" Maisie says in disbelief.

"What?" Stiles says dumbfounded.

"Never mind, but this idiot is right." Maisie states poking Stiles in the ribs. "Why would you think I'm not human?"

The teen duo were trying to act like they didn't care at the nonsense coming out of Loki's mouth, but honestly inside they were petrified because with what happened with Donovan and how her fingertips started to turn blue, the god of mischief and lies could be right.

"You see one of my abilities is to be able to read minds." Loki confesses. "Yet with you both it's different."

"Different?"

"With Stiles here his mind is filled with darkness, there are no thoughts or memories. Just nothing." Loki explains with a frown.

"Yeahhh, that's probably for the best" Stiles mutters looking down.

"And Maisie here has a blocker on her mind stopping people from getting through." Loki finishes.

"Well it seems like it's doing a good job if you can't get through." Maisie states.

"Precisely. Which is the reason for my curiosity."Loki comments.

Maisie's shrugs her shoulders "I'm not sure what you want me to say. We could cheek my medical history?"

Stiles nods his head "yeah, maybe something in those files is the reason as to why Melissa treated you the way she did."

"Melissa?" Thor questions titling his head.

"Unfortunately my mother." Maisie explains.

"Oh"

"Come on" Stiles says pulling his best friend along with him "we could ask my uncle if he knows anything."

"You coming giants?" Maisie calls out as her and Stiles head towards the kitchen.

"Are you okay?" Stiles whispers.

"Are we ever really okay?" She retorts with a sad smile. "I mean this could all be trick for his entertainment.."

"But..."

"But if there's just a small chance that something  in those files will tell us anything about what happened to me, I've got to know."

"Let's do it then" Stiles continues his walk towards the entrance of the kitchen before stilling his movement.

Maisie's expression turns to confusion at her best friends action, opening her mouth to question what he was doing when they hear another voice.

"Come on Phill they deserve to know, I mean it's their trauma and if this person is involved and find out we knew. It could end badly." Clint states.

"I know" phill sighs " but what if this sets them back? We tell them and all that progress they've been making would be for nothing."

"Too bad you don't have a choice anymore?" Stiles crosses his arms over his chest.

Phill, Clint and Tony's eyes widen as they see Stiles and Maisie's both glaring at them with the two gods behind them.

"Something you forgot to mention?" Maisie raises an eyebrow.

"No. Maybe Yes." Tony sighs rubbing his eyes.

"I've been looking into who had been writing all the reports about Beacon Hills." He explains

"And?"

"And he found a name but we didn't know if  telling you would do either of yous any good?" Phill explains.

Maisie and Stiles glance at each other before nodding. "What's the name?"

"Theo Raeken"

———
Hope you enjoyed this chapter <3