𝟬𝟱. 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝗶𝗴𝗻𝗼𝗿𝗲𝗱 𝗺𝗲

Start bij het begin

She couldn't deny the request coming from the sweetest woman she knows, who has always loved her thoroughly and supported her when she expected her to stand most against her decision.

Reluctantly but she had to agree!

"Isn't mutton seekh kabab Murtasim bhai's favorite?" Mariyam asks "Are you trying to end the war by making peace?" she added, giggling.

Meerab holds onto the kitchen island and stood taking support while her senses were still around the grill pan in which she had kept kabab to cook. The slight whizz sound because of oli confirmed they were cooking well, on low flame she turned skewers frequently until there were brown all the sides and the meat is no longer pink in the center. "Taahir loves kebab, I'm making it for him" she said, throwing a fake smile at her younger cousin.

"Hmm" Dua nods in agreement as she got down from the island and stood up on her feet "What about the chicken dum biryani?" she asks pointing at the gas stove, where she kept biryani to cook some 15 minutes before.

"Everyone loves biryani, nothing special" she said giving a pointed look at both. The way the conversation was going she feared the girls would keep teasing unnecessarily while Maa Begum might walk in any time to check how are preparations going on for lunch. She wished for a moment that Amaya was here to save her from those devils, her bad luck that she went to market with Anila.

"What tie should I wear, Meerab" Taahir hurriedly spoke while entering the kitchen with two ties in his hand. When he looked up, he was surprised to see Dua with his sisters, he wasn't aware of her presence in the mansion. "Hmm... so somebody got time to show up finally?" he said looking at Dua while he continued to walk towards Meerab.

Meerab and Mariyam squelched their smile at the taunt.

Dua veered around towards the duo standing right in front of her "Looks like someone missed me a lot" she said giving him a playful smile. Observing his body language she assumed he was a little upset with her for not responding to calls he made to her since last week. She has been busy for a week with a family function, she hardly had any time to attend calls hence resulting in unintentional ignorance toward him.

For once she thought to drop a message to him about being busy and she will call back as soon as possible but then she likes to make him desperate just to get a merely glimpse of her.

"Some people should get over themselves, they are not as important as they assume of being" he taunts giving a pointed look. He was upset that she refused to pick up his call for what-so-ever reason. He understands well that at this point things are complicated and they can't be more than just friends despite the way he feels for her and she too does, little. But at least they are on good terms to answer calls, he doesn't see anything reason to avoid him.

She twisted her lips smiling "Yeah. 14 missed calls don't make me important, right" she said folding her hands neatly under her chest, and taking her eyes from him to Mariyam when she giggled. "Bhai. You called Dua 14 times?" she said in a teasing manner.

Meerab, who had her eyes fixed on kabab cooking also had her ears on the conversation happening around. She has always observed them both, they would behave so husband-wife even when people are around like they have some kind of right to each other. She knows how they feel towards each other but despite of all refuses to confess and give a chance to themselves.

Sometimes they are so endearing that she feels bad about how her cousin is bonded just because he is the son of the late Shahnawaz Khan.

Taahir sharpen his glares at Dua "I don't remember doing so, you might have mistaken" he lied on their face. He was already caught up in a lie, he knew well but he was in no mood to joke particularly after being nervous about the meeting he has to attend today. He was going to attend the board meeting for the first time after being included among board members.