"okay.." she nodded. "if i ever decide to run away to like.. california. would you come? i'm not saying i want to... it's just a possibility."

"yes." he said confidently. "with my brothers, of course."

"obviously."

matt turned to face her once more. she was literally everything he ever wanted, why couldn't she get that?

"why are you staring at me, matthew?" char broke the silence.

instead of replying, matt suddenly threw his legs over her and began tickling her.

because of his suddenness, char let out a screech, clamping her hands over her mouth.

matt cackled at the very weird noise, not stopping his tickling motion.

"matt please!" she begged, "i can't!"

"nope!"

they were both a giggling mess, that is until someone barged in and opened the lights.

"what the fuck are you doing?" they heard nick's sleepy voice mumble. "scratch that, where the fuck are you guys?"

"fort." matt informed, peaking his head out of the blankets.

"that's insane, by the way." nick scoffed.

"stop being jealous cause i didn't make one with you!" char said.

"why aren't you coming out?" nick asked.

"matt's sitting on top of me." she informed. "tickling me. abusing me. killing me."

"i regret even coming in here." he sighed, closing the lights and walking out.

"weirdo." matt huffed, laying down on the floor next to her.

"think it's genetic." joked.

"wow!" he gasped, putting his right hand on the right side of his chest.

"other side, bud." she said.

"wow!" he gasped again, putting his right hand in the left side of his chest.

"can you get me that blanket next to you?" she asked, ignoring his dramatics.

he handed her the blanket and she covered both of them with it. they both turned to face each other; their bodies comfortably close.

they looked really crazy to anyone who just walked in; to anyone who didn't know anything about them. matt was staring into her eyes with complete adoration, as was char.

"i need to ask you something." matt said, breaking eye contact with her for the first time in a while.

"ask away." she sensed him getting nervous, so she squeezed his hand 3 times, he gave her a squeeze back.

"i really wanted to do this on a real date, but i physically cannot wait any longer. i can't go to sleep tonight knowing you're not mine, knowing i'm not yours." he admitted. "so, i'm sorry this wasn't as romantic as i hoped, but can i please be your boyfriend?"