Part 3

The days passed by quickly, April’s sisters, as usual, attending parties, while April read, cooked, and cleaned. Her sisters would come home to plenty of desserts and food, which they would eat while spending time together. 
Three weeks later, their father arrived during one of their family sessions.
He had knocked on the door, so April rushed to open it.
“Father!’ She cried, hugging him tight. Nikita and Vera, upon hearing April cry ‘father’, quickly sprinted to the door, welcoming Henry back.
“Father, you look exhausted…” Nikita frowned.
“She’s right.” Vera agreed.
“Come, you must get some rest. I will bring you food.” April said, leading her father to his room, Vera and Nikita following.
“Thank you.” Henry smiled weakly, lying down in his bed, in the bright, pristine room. 
“Your gifts are in the luggage.” April’s sisters smiled.
“Merci.” They said, but April was too preoccupied to care. She got him a plate of food, with utensils.
“Eat, please. Why are you so tired, papa? Did something happen?” April asked, worried.
His eyes flashed with distress, but it was gone as soon as it appeared, so she assumed she must have imagined it. 
“No, I’m just very glad to be home. Now, go get your gifts and let your old man sleep. April stay here.” Henry said, dismissing Nikita and Vera.
“What is it, papa?” April questioned curiously.
“Are you sure you don’t want me to hire a maid? Or a cook? I’m afraid all this working might take a toll on you, and you don’t spend time with any friends-”
“No, papa. I like taking care of the family.” April interrupted.
Henry sighed. “You remind me so much of your mother…Bonne nuit, April.” 
“Bonne nuit, papa.” April brushed her lips against her fathers forehead, and turned off the lights, her mind staying stuck on what he said. I should go check my gift, she thought, shaking her head to clear her thoughts.
Once she gently rummaged around the luggage, while hearing her sisters delighted squeals from their rooms, as they saw their new jewels, she found a box with her name. She opened it, sighing with delight.
“Oh, papa, thank you so much.” She whispered. Her father had gotten her more than she had asked for.
A small box with a preserved chinese rose, a thin chain with a rose pendant, which she put  on immediately, the only jewel she would now wear, along with her usual black choker, and finally, a book about Luna. 
“What did you get?” Vera asked, making April jump, and clutch her heart.
“You startled me.”
“Sorry. I was just curious.” Vera shrugged, Nikita behind her. April showed them her gifts.
“Oh that’s nice,” Nikita commented. “Father got me a whole ruby jewellery set.” 
“He got me a whole pearl jewellery set.” Vera said.
April smiled.  “I’m glad to hear it. I know how much you both like jewellery.”
“And we know how much you like books. Father made a good choice on his gift to you.”
Nikita remarked.
“He certainly did. Well! We should sleep. See you tomorrow!” Vera clapped her hands behind her back.
April got ready for bed, and closed her eyes, falling asleep instantly.
When she woke up, she changed, then went to wake her sisters, followed by her father, but stopped and gasped, shocked, when she stared at the white wall in his room. Nikita and Vera rushed into the room upon hearing her gasp.
“What happened? Is father alright-” Nikita widened her eyes and muttered a string of curses.
Someone had written Eastern Commonwealth, midnight, 2 weeks, bring the youngest girl, or else....