Part 1

Author's Note

Hello, reader! I'd like to start by thanking you for opening this story! It is first wattpad story, so I really hope you enjoy! Please don't hesitate to give feedback, or constructive criticism! I'm always looking for ways to become a better writer. On that note, I will warn you that this story does contain spoilers in the lunar chronicles series, so if you haven't read that series, and don't want any spoilers, now is your chance to flee! I will also add that I didn't put any trigger warnings, so proceed at your own risk, however I will say that I haven’t included any profanity or mature content. On that note, enjoy!
***

April looked out the window, smiling. She had just finished reading the newly released book about Empress Cinder and her adventure to dethrone Levana to her father, although she partly read it for herself, not that she would ever admit it. She admired that Cinder had given up the Lunar crown, and established a parlament. She admired Scarlet, who persevered when her grandmother was taken. She admired Captain Thorne, who did not give up, even when he became temporarily blind. She admired Emperor Kai, who did whatever he could for his people. She admired Iko, who was an amazing friend, with an amazing personality. She admired Cress, who was a wonderful hacker, and tried to help Empress Cinder warn Emperor Kai of Levana’s plans to kill him after their wedding, which thankfully never happened. She admired Wolf, who protected Scarlet as much as he could. Most of all, however, she admired Winter and Jacin, Winter, who refused to use her lunar gift, and volunteered to be the first to have the surgery to implement the chip which could strip the Lunars of their powers, and cure her of the Lunar madness, Jacin, who was smart, and always found a way out of the difficult situations he was put in. 
“That was a marvellous story. The writer must be very talented,” her father, Henry Rose, said. “But where are your sisters?”
April sighed. 
“Oh father, they went to a party. Again.” Henry smiled sadly. 
“You should be out there with them, not taking care of your old man,” he said, as April helped him stand up from his seat.
“No, I prefer staying here. With you.” She said, beaming. 
“Well, I won’t be here much longer I’m afraid. I must go away for a while, to take care of something.” April’s smile fell. 
“For how long?”
“About three weeks.” 
“Would you like me to accompany you?” She asked, hopeful. Her father shook his head. That hope vanished.
“Alright then. I'll go pack your things. By the way, Nikita  said she and Vera would come back early tonight.” 
April then left, heading to her father’s room, packing the few belongings he had.