*8*

Hongjoong:

My scans came clean. There were no problems with my head. So I asked my doctor about my weird dreams. But he said that it wasn't related to physical damage. He then recommended me to visit a psychologist and gave me the business card of his colleague. But I wasn't sure if I had to really go. Maybe if I shared my burden with someone, it could help me. It helped me out before.

After my doctor's appointment, I went to the hospital's parking, where Yunho waited for me. He was leaning against his car, drinking some coffee while he waited. I walked closer, once he saw me, his face became all bright and shiny. As expected, from my friend.

"So, are the results good?" Yunho asked me.

"There's nothing wrong with my brain..." I told him, looking out of the car window.

"You are hiding something. Maybe there are side effects?" I couldn't hide anything from him.

I kept quiet for a moment. Then, he gave me the look: 'You don't have to tell me, if you don't want to' but it was already late. I wanted to share that burden with the person I trusted the most. Even if he couldn't help, I knew he would try to.

"I'll tell you, after all, you are my best friend," I said, looking at him. "Ever since I woke up I've been having those weird dreams. They are so vivid as if I'm inside the dream."

"And what are they about?" Yunho asked. I bit my lips. How could I tell him? I was, Seonghwa's lover in those dreams?

"Well... It's about the Joseon era, I think. In those dreams, I am a soldier who meets with two gods on the mountain. One of them is our Seonghwa, but he is different. He is all white and shiny. And he has a friend. A god healer. Who reminds me of you. His name is Taeyang," to the sound of that name, Yunho's skin have had turned pale. That was strange. Usually, he would have joked about it. "Taeyang is exactly like you. He's tall, kind, and always smiling. Even his eyes are like yours."

"Oh... maybe you associate him with me because we are friends," Yunho laughed nervously.

Yunho kept quiet for the rest of our ride. He was hiding something from me. What could it be? Maybe he knew about my dreams all along? I had a bad feeling about it. My senses told me I had to find out what he was hiding from me.

...

Back at home, Yunho kept some distance from me. He had that worried look all over his face. And at some point, he went to Seonghwa. To me, it looked as if both of them were hiding something from me. My suspicions got stronger once they locked themselves in Seonghwa's room. Once they did, I grabbed a glass from the kitchen and went to my room. Then, I placed the glass on the wall separating our rooms and listened carefully to their conversation.

"We are in trouble!" Yunho said. "You have unlocked Hongjoong's memories when you healed him!"

"What? But that's impossible! Memories from past lives get wiped away once he passes the river in the afterlife," Seonghwa argued.

"Well, to me it looks like he didn't give them up. You know he loved you to the point of doing something that dangerous. After all, Dal died because of his love for you," Yunho explained.

"So, what should we do now?" Hwa asked.

"What else? We have to tell him the truth!"

"But you know that a regular human will go insane if he sees something like that!" Seonghwa raised his voice.

They kept quiet for a minute after that. I became fidgety from the tension. What were they saying? Past live? Seonghwa healing me? Me loving Seonghwa and dying for which? Were they insane or something? But deep inside, I felt that they were telling the truth. I had reached the point of all of this. Even if I was scared of what they said.