Chapter 3: Fire Aunt

Depuis le début

Velgrynd's eyes locked onto me, and they flashed a brighter gold for a long few seconds. I could feel the analysis she was using on me, with that same skill Velzard used before. "The little one figured out how to use human form, that must've taken some restraint being born as powerful as they are." She used a rather high pitched tone, so it sounded kinda like when Rimuru 'doted' on me, as he called it.

"Aha. I don't know if it really took restraint for them." Rimuru was incorrect.

"It did." In this case I wanted to correct him, I still didn't like being in human form. It still felt very restricting.

"Mmm. I guess you still don't like how much it holds you back, do you?" Rimuru grumbled a bit again. "I was hoping you'd get over that."

"It is only natural Rimuru, you gave them many traits of a true dragon. Any form but their true one will feel restraining." Velgrynd smiled brightly.

"I think it's just a slime thing. Aoki isn't anything like a true dragon, haha. That'd be a bit far to say, especially when she's so young." Rimuru pat me on the head and pulled me a bit closer, and I got a protective feeling from him.

"Ah. I get it." Velgrynd turned away. "Well, say whatever you like, little brother. For now though, would you mind if I take her out for the day? Me and Velzard finally managed to come to an 'agreement' on how we will approach this. Since she got to see the little one being named, and snubbed me on it. I get to spend time with them first."

"I guess... She doesn't have any training today, so it should be fine. I just don't want you leaving the city."

"Good, then we can finish watching the movie. Is this Star Wars? I still remember the first time Rudra frantically had me watch this with him."

...

The moment the credits ended with that little scene playing after it, my 'aunt' walked over and lifted me out of Rimuru's lap.

Rimuru seemed reluctant to let that happen, but wasn't able to respond to it quickly enough to stop it from happening, or at least it seemed like he couldn't.

Mother sighed and looked over to Uki before looking back at Velgrynd. "You can take her, but make sure you are very careful. Aoki is pretty strong, but she can still be hurt by lots of things in Tempest."

Velgrynd nodded and hugged me to her chest. "Your child will be safe with me, I'd kill anything that tries to harm her."

That word again, 'kill,' the thing I wanted to do to Iruma. I still wondered why Rimuru thought I didn't understand it, it just meant getting rid of something, right?

"Send anyone that's a problem directly to me and I'll take care of them."

"I see... very well, Rimuru, I will do that." After giving Rimuru an affirmative on letting him kill anyone who is a threat to me, my aunt walked out into the hall and asked a question to me. "Would you like to walk for yourself? I can carry you anywhere you'd like, but children tend not to like being carried in my limited experience."

I nodded, and got set down. I stretched out my legs, letting them liquify a bit to make sure they hadn't dried out while I was sitting still for so long. I'd managed to have that happen when sleeping in my human form the night before. I think it is because the human form is so lanky, and not very good at holding water, like my slime form.

Velgrynd seemed to be thinking hard while walking through the halls, the first thing she actually said only coming up right as we got to the main entrance of the palace. "I am not sure what a child like you would enjoy doing."

I think this is what Rimuru called a 'prompt' in my language lessons, when someone is asking a question with a statement.

"Maybe you like fighting, like Veldora? The labyrinth would be the best place for that. I could take you there." She looked down at me, and expectantly waited for a response.