•Part Three• ✔

"I-I-uh, thank you." I hated when people complemented me; I never knew how to respond.

"I have a spare room, in the house, it has its own bathroom and everything. I know how girls are when it comes to bathrooms, and it has a huge mirror, I know how girls are about those too." Harry seemed nervous.

"Thank you, Harry." I smiled and put my hand over his. I felt all the tension release from his body at my touch, and smiled. I don't know why.

Finally, what felt like an hour of driving, we reached his house. Once Harry turned the car off, I got out and went to the back to grab my bags, but Harry had beaten me to it, supporting both of my huge bags in one hand.

"After you," He said and nodded in the direction of his house. I smiled and walked up the steps. The door was already unlocked so, I walked straight in. His house did not fail to astound me with its cream colored walls and Persian rugs and stainless steel refrigerators. I let Harry step in front of me, so he could lead me to the guest room. It was upstairs, right next to his room, and I was surprised I didn't notice it that morning.

He opened the door and I stopped, stunned. It was like the room was made for me, with purple walls and a lime green trim bordering them. A queen sized bed was on the opposite side of the room, the comforter stripped with pink and blue and green. So many throw pillows laid on the bed I probably could have gotten lost in them. There was a desk ten feet away from the bed that was empty; lacking personal belongings, but it was grand. There was a TV stand, which contained every season of all my favorite shows, and even some movies, and it held a forty-five inch TV. I smiled as I saw a radio on a stand in the corner, beside two closet doors, which I knew beyond a shadow of a doubt, would lead to a walk-in closet.

"How did . . . How did . . ." I couldn't even finish my sentence.

"I know people." He chuckled.

"Obviously." I sighed, racing over to the bed and jumping onto it. It was even more comfortable than it looked. I felt someone plop down beside me and laughed when I saw a curly mop of hair reappear behind a pillow.

"Very nice." I muttered as I attacked him with a hug. He seemed surprised at first but he slowly hugged me back.

"Thank you for everything, Harry." I muttered into his shoulder. I breathed in his scent and instantly knew I would be attached to his smell. He hugged me back even tighter.

"You're welcome, Devon."

A little after Harry left me to get settled, I decided to take a shower. It had been a long day and I had school in the morning. I walked into the bathroom; its niceness surprised me once more. I stepped into the shower and quickly washed my hair and body so I could just let the warm water roll over my body. I felt my muscles all begin to relax as the hot water attacked them. After about a half hour, I shut the water off and went back into my room to get dressed. I was putting my shirt on when I noticed the window blind was pulled up. I walked closer to it to pull the window down and got the shock of my life.

A dark figure leaned on a car right in front of Harry's house. When he realized I could see him, he did not sprint away; he didn't even move. He locked eyes with me and even in the dark I could see the black menacing look his eyes held. A minute of staring passed, and he broke eye contact, gave me a soldier salute, got in his car and drove away. I watched his car race down the street until that was all I could see.

Stunned, I walked back over to my bed and threw myself onto it. Something struck me as familiar about the man who was watching me. I couldn't exactly put my finger on what it was, but he was familiar enough. I didn't want to tell Harry, but at the same time I did, because in the short time I had known him, he had made me feel safer than I have ever felt in my life.

I laid in the bed for hours, staring at the ceiling, unable to quiet my thoughts. When I finally did fall asleep, it was a rough patchy sleep, the kind where its such a light sleep, you never realize you were sleeping and you feel like you stayed awake all night, because I couldn't get rid of the feeling of eyes on me, watching.

Waiting.

"Devon, get up, its school time." His voice sounded grim, as if he had been dreading this for a long time. I felt him pull the covers off of me and pick me up bridal style. I didn't protest, I kind of liked how it felt. He carried me into the bathroom and sat me on the counter.

"Are we awake?" He asked me.

"If I say no, would you carry me again?" My eyes snapped open as I realized I had said that out loud. Harry's expression was a smug one, and I realized I wanted him to kiss me.

"No time, Love. Woe is me, because I have to take you to school." He sounded very annoyed, like taking me to school was the last thing he wanted to do. I stared into his eyes for a couple seconds, marveling over the beauty of the depth of his eyes when his chuckle brought me back to reality. Completely ignoring his staring, I jumped off the counter and went back in my room to find something nice to wear. After sifting through every clothing article I owned, I settled on a navy blue knit sweater with some stonewashed holly shorts and some black converse. As I walked back into the bathroom to straighten my hair, I tried my hardest to ignore the look Harry had on his face when I came back. He pulled himself up onto the counter where I had just been moments ago. He plugged in my straightener and handed it to me silently. He watched as I pulled every individual chunk of hair and ran the straightener through it. Satisfied, I pulled the plug on the hair appliance. I grabbed two bobby pins and braided my now too long bangs and pulled them to the side of my head, then pinned them there.

"Are you having fun?" I turned to look at Harry, who had been as still as a stone for nearly half an hour as he watched me.

"Strangely, yes. Is that weird?" He asked me, frowning.

"No, my little brother used to like-" I stopped. I had never brought up James to anyone, not even Mara or Tyler and I had known them for years. I've only known Harry for two days and I had brought him up?

"He used to like watching me do this." My voice broke on the last part. I felt my eyes sting and I blinked rapidly, trying to make them go away. I had stopped crying about it long ago.

"Devon . . ." Harry started, "You don't have to tell me." He said. But for the first time since it had happened, I wanted to tell someone, I needed to tell someone, and Harry was that person. I surprised him by grabbing his hand and pulling him back into my room. I led him over to my bed and we sat down.

"Devon, you don't have to-"

"I want to Harry." I interrupted him.

"Okay," He looked at me, gently squeezing my hand.

"When I was fourteen, James and I lived with our dad. My mum, she died when she had Jared, something went wrong. She died when I was six, so at this time Jeremy was only seven. A little kid." I stopped to take a breath, trying to calm myself.

"My dad, after mum died, went a little crazy. He started drinking alcohol, started smoking and everything. He was never abusive though, he never laid a hand on James or me. He had already lost our mum, he couldn't bear to lose us too.

"He had this bad habit; he'd fall asleep with a cigarette in his hand. I got on him all the time for it. I would tell him he'd be the death of us all if he didn't stop doing that. He would tell me, 'I know Devon, I'll quit.' but no sooner had he made that promise was I plucking lit cigarettes out of his hand while he snored.

"James hadn't been feeling good that day, so I put him to bed early. He had a fever and he was throwing up; poor little guy was miserable. Dad had had a friend over, one of his drunk one's, the scary ones that I didn't like. I think he had black hair." I stopped, my voice caught. The tears began treading down my cheeks. Harry quietly wiped them away and grabbed both of my hands, giving me the strength to continue.

"After making sure James was sound asleep, I went to bed myself, after telling dad to be sure to turn the TV off before he went to sleep. 'I know Devon, damn you're like my own mother sometimes.' he grumbled to me, I still remember that. I remember throwing a pillow at him and hearing him chuckle as it smacked him in the face. I remember the man saying something about how I deserved a slap in the face but my dad laughed it off. 'We've always been like that to each other, Mike, its fine' he'd said. I went upstairs, checked on James once more, and then went to my own bed. I was asleep before my head hit the pillow.

"I remember coughing; it was my own, that had brought me out of my sleep. My room was nothing but a cloud of smoke, I couldn't even see my hand in front of my face. I didn't know which way was up or down, left or right, I was very disoriented. I remembered learning in pre-school that you were suppose to get as low as you could while in a fire, so that's what I did. Once on the floor, I could vaguely see the bottom of my door. I crawled over to it and grabbed the doorknob, but it was so hot, it burned me so bad." I stopped, staring at the scar on my hand.

"I remember panicking, and trying to kick the door down, but I couldn't, I wasn't large or strong enough to. I remember screaming James' name..."

'James!' I screamed, the smoke filling my lungs even more.

'SISSY, SISSY!' I heard a little tinny voice screaming not to far away from me.

I panicked, adrenaline pumping through me. I grabbed the doorknob again, not feeling the intensity of the heat, and wrentched it open. The smoke was overwhelming. I couldn't see a thing but grey, ugly, horrible grey. I could barely make out James' bedroom door. I dashed over to it, flinging the door open. But before I could go in, I felt arms wrap around my waist.

'Come on, we need to get you out of here.' He said to me.

'NO!' I screamed, 'MY LITTLE BROTHER! PLEASE SAVE JAMES, PLEASE FIND HIM! PLEASE!' I begged, screaming and thrashing in the guy's arms.

He didn't say anything, He just dragged me out of the house. He laid me down gently on the cool, wet grass, the coolness soothing burns I didn't even know I had. Red, orange and yellow flashed everywhere, people where coming out of their houses, gasping. Some were talking to God, asking him to keep us all safe.

Soon after, they guy who had brought me out came back out.

'No one,' he shouted to someone, and that someone nodded. I looked around me, for any sign of James or my dad, but I couldn't find them. I looked up at the house, and it was in flames. It was strangely beautiful, the house up in flames.

'My brother, my dad, his friend, where are they?! There's been a mistake, they're in that house!' I shouted, to anyone who would listen. The lady who was talking to god earlier, gave me a remorseful frown. She came up to me and hugged me, trying to be maternal, but I didn't hug her back.

'I'm so sorry sweetie, so sorry . .' She muttered in my ear. I felt like I need to puke, so I did. I pulled away from her and emptied my insides onto the pavement.

Someone had their arms wrapped around me as I watched them come out of the house with a rather large body bag. My knees buckled, and I sank to the ground. My knees hit the pavement roughly. As they brought out the noticeably smaller body bag, I heard someone begin to scream. She sounded hurt and heartbroken and like she didn't want to live anymore and I wanted her to shut up, I wanted to deal with my misery by myself.

But as the old lady began talking to God again as she rocked me back and forth, I realized who the girl that was screaming was.

She was me.

'Baby, it's okay, just pray to God, talk to him, he'll make everything okay for you again, baby. I swear.' She sounded like she was crying.

'Why talk to God if he never listens?' I vaguely heard myself reply.

I took notice that they only ever brought out two body bags, but I never mentioned it to a soul.

"Sh, Devon. It's okay." Harry crushed me to him and I sobbed into his neck for all I was worth. My little frail body shook in his arms as he held me tightly.

"I'm so sorry, so sorry." He hugged me tighter as I cried more. He was quiet for a while but then he quietly began to sing.

"If you're pretending from the start, like this, with a tight grip, then my kiss can mend your broken heart, I might miss everything you said to me, and I could lend your broken parts that might fit, like this, and I will give you all my heart, so we can start it all over again." His voice was absolutely the most beautiful voice I had ever heard in my life.

"Since you talked to me about something that's hard for you, I'll do the same." I looked up at him, pretty sure I had mascara running down my cheeks, but I looked up at him waiting for him to start. He looked down at me for what felt like forever but only must have been a couple of seconds, but then he began.

"When I was seventeen, I met this girl. Well, not met, per say but, she caught my attention. I really cared about this girl and I had never even meet her. It perplexed me just how much I cared about her; I probably could have gotten by with saying I loved her.

"She was only fourteen at the time, a relationship not even possible with that age difference, but I didn't let that stop me from caring about her. She had the loveliest blue eyes. . .It was hard, watching her go through such horrible things in life. No little girl should have ever have to go through what she did. But she was so strong, so brave, it made me love her more."

He took a breath. The look in his eyes told me this next part was the hardest for him to talk about.

"But Devon, where I come from . . . We aren't allowed to fall in love. I know that sounds ridiculous, but bear with me. Our kind, we aren't made to love a human being; we were only made to love ourselves, selfish-sounding when you think about It.

"I had this friend, Michael. I told him all about this girl; about her eyes, and her hair, and her braveness and how amazing she was to me. I told him everything. He would listen intently to me, and that's what I needed, because I had broken one of the worst laws there was to break; I fell in love with a human girl."

He stopped and looked down at me, measuring my reaction. I was okay, but some of the things he was saying confused me. How could he not love a human girl when he was human too? But then I stopped myself. He could read my thoughts, that wasn't exactly a human characteristic. I was oddly jealous of this girl, but I repressed the feeling and nodded, telling him to keep going.

"But Michael, he betrayed me. Told the Higher Ups that I broke the law. It was horrible, that day. They came to get me for my sentencing, I still remember the sounds of my sister, Gemma. She was hysterical, begging them not to take me away from her. I feel bad for doing that to her, for causing her to cry and sob like that.

"I told her to take care and that I loved her. That was the last I ever saw of her. The higher ups showed me no remorse, no understanding. They pulled me of my rank, took all my belongings except for the clothing on my back, and cast me out. I was never allowed to return, let that be my punishment for loving that girl.

"But that wasn't my only punishment. Even though I was exiled, I was still one of them, still had their blood. Even though they cast me out, I was forbidden to ever see the girl. They were worried, that if I were to love this girl because I was now able to, that love would lead to procreating, and a child with our blood and a human's blood mixed together would be the most powerful being the world would ever see. And that scared them, they craved their power and they didn't want anything to threaten it.

"I contemplated not listening to them, going and finding her and professing my love, but she didn't know of my existence and never would, so I did what they said. And in doing that, I lost her. They took her away from me and I was never allowed to see her, ever." He stopped, finished with his story.

"Devon?" He asked me.

"Yes?" My voice was raw; anyone could have detected the pure emotion in it.

"That was very brave of you, to talk about this." He kissed my forehead.

"You were brave too." I said to him.

Harry, seeming to guess we were done talking, turned to leave.

"Harry?" My voice was shaking.

"Yes?" He stopped and turned around to face me.

Regardless of my jealousy towards this girl, I needed for Harry to be happy like I needed the breath in my lungs.

"I hope you find her," I heard myself say. Harry smiled at me like he knew a secret, one that I would never know.

"You see, Devon, I broke another law." He grinned like a madman.

"You did?" I asked, stunned.

"Yes, I did." He smiled, looking directly at me. "Because I stumbled upon her on accident, in an alley, waiting to be saved. And instead of ignoring her like I was suppose to, I did. I did save her."

It had seemed like we had talked for hours but I had only been a good twenty minutes. I ran back into the bathroom to quickly fix my makeup and grabbed my book bag. I ran downstairs and past Harry who was sitting in the hallway with his face in his phone.

"Come on, Harry. We'll be late." I shouted at him. I heard him grumble something that didn't sound so nice but I ignored it. A few seconds later he appeared with his jacket

"Why do you have your jacket?" I asked him, it was nearly eighty degrees out, he didn't need the jacket.

"It's for you, now take it." He sounded five seconds away from yelling so I took it.

"Why do I need a jacket?" I asked him, folding his jacket up neatly over my arm.

"Just trust me, you'll be glad you have it." Before we even got to the school I was glad I had his jacket. It began to snow. The first of March and this was the first snow we had seen this year. It seemed like the temperature dropped and the sky darkened in five seconds. Zero to sixty, my father would say.

As Harry pulled into the parking lot, I stabbed my hands through his jacket and sighed. It smelled like him. I took deep breaths of the scent, hoping he didn't notice, but the grin on his face gave me reason to doubt.

"Your Tyler friend thinks I'm using you for sex," Harry surprised me by randomly saying.

"He's just looking out for me. Maybe I should just tell him you love some other girl, then he'll back off." The venom in my voice surprised me, and it clearly surprised Harry.

"Devon--" Harry started.

"No, Harry." I interrupted him and go out of the car. I was nearly five steps away from the car when I felt someone's hand grabbing my wrist. Harry pulled me back to him, and pushed me up against his car, every part of his body touching mine, there was no way to escape him, and I didn't want to.

But those feelings didn't matter because he loved someone else, some other girl.

"Damn it, Devon," Harry's face was so close to mine. When he spoke his lips touched mine.

"Spit it out, Harry." My heart fluttered as my lips touched his. He grabbed my face in between his hands, making my heart stop.

"You're so stupid sometimes, Devon," His lips fluttered against mine. "It was you, Devon. You're the girl I fell in love with. Its you, it's always been you."

And then he kissed me.

As we kissed, I thought of how stupid I was. He said he had found her in an alley, waiting to be saved! ME!

I could tell everyone had stopped what they were doing to watch us. I enjoyed the feeling of Harry's lips pressed to mine. Our lips moved in sync, like they were made to kiss mine. His tongue begged for permission to be permitted into my mouth and I allowed it. I realized that this is what I had been wanting from the very beginning. I wound my arms around his neck and he picked me up. I wrapped my legs around his waist and we were still kissing. I'm pretty sure we were putting off a good show for everyone, but we needed this.

Harry slowly pulled away from me he stared into my eyes. He smiled and I smiled back at him as he slowly but me down. It was kind of sad to not be his height anymore, but that was okay.

We walked over to Tyler and Mara. Tyler looked like someone had stuck a white hot iron down his throat, while Mara looked happy enough to burst.

"Harry." Mara tried to sound serious but miserably failed

"Mara," He sounded serious for about half a second longer than she had. Then they busted out laughing, giving each other high fives. Tyler seemed to ignore Harry's existence, and Harry seemed fine with that. I was sitting on the roof of Tyler's banged up Chevy when a new car pulled into the parking lot, one I hadn't seen come here before. It was a very expensive car. He parked beside Harry's car and hopped out.

He had a tall frame, only slightly shorter than Harry. He had black hair and strikingly familiar green eyes. They reminded me of Harry's. He had a lop sided half smile plastered on his face as he turned around and locked eyes with me.

It was like he had known I would be behind him, like he had come here specifically for me. I felt someone grab my hand and realized it was Harry.

"Come on, Devon, we need to leave right now, that's-" Harry whispered my ear but before he could even finish, the guy was standing in front of me. He grabbed my hand and placed small kisses on my knuckles. I felt Harry tense.

"Hello. My oh my, those striking blue eyes and that golden blond hair." The boy stated, and I began to freak out. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Harry clench his fist and soon after, I found out why.

"You must be Devon," He continued, "it's nice to finally meet you, I'm Michael."

I stood there, a million thoughts racing through my head. The Michael? The one who had convinced Harry he was trustworthy to talk about me with? But of course it must have been, because he recognized me. He was so familiar to me, as if I had met him somewhere before.

"Ah, and Trouble Maker Harry. You just can't stay out of trouble, can you?" He had an evil grin on his face. Out of spite, he kissed my cheek. Harry tried to keep his anger in check, and it looked to me like he was succeeding.

Until pure blackness started rising around him, that is.

"Harry?" I shouted, "What the hell is that?" It was curling around his legs like a pet snake, it was revolting. Michael looked over at me with an amused expression on his face, like a teacher would look when a student asked an intelligent question.

"Harry! You haven't told her what we are? What you are? Shameful. Then she must not have any clue about you, does she?" He turned and looked at me. "Love, I'd run while you still can, get as far away from us as you can. We aren't nice or sweet like Harry has got you thinking. We are mean, vicious and evil. We don't love, we're only out for ourselves. Harry hasn't told you a thing about him, I bet you don't even know his last name-"

"Styles." I interrupted him, feeling a since of dejavu.

"What?" He faltered, just as confused as I had been when Harry did this to me.

"His last name," I said slowly so he could understand, "Is Styles."

"Well, since you know everything, sexy, what is he then?" I cringed when he called me sexy, I hated that word. It made me feel like an object.

Before I could even answer him, something weird began to happen. It started at the end of the parking lot, but it reached us within seconds. The whole parking lot began to crack. I realized we were getting an earthquake, firstly.

And secondly, Harry was somehow causing it.

As everyone began to scream, Michael turned and looked at Harry. The blackness was enveloping him now, I found it strange that Michael and I were the only ones who could see it. Harry reached out and grabbed my arm with a enough force to rip it out of its socket, he jerked me over to his side, just as the parking lot began to split open down the middle.

"Now now Harry, let's not get rough, I only called her sexy. Didn't you're mother teach you to share your toys?" He smiled at me disgustingly, like the drunk man in the alley had.

"Fuck off, you bastard." Harry said. I found it hard to believe that Harry had ever been friends with this lunatic.

"Now now Harry if, Gemma were to hear you say that-" He stared, but he never finished. Before he could finish, I interrupted him.

"Don't you dare," I started.

Michael looked at me as if I had grown an extra head.

"Excuse me?" He sounded odd.

"Don't you dare bring up his sister that you took away from him." I took a step forward, to get closer to him but then stopped. I finally recognized him. His black hair, his voice, it all was coming back to me.

"It was you . . . You were there that night." I whispered, but I knew he heard me.

"Sorry?" he acted like he was confused but I heard his lie.

"And last night, it was you, you were watching me. And three years ago, when my house burnt down with my brother and father in it, you were there then, too. You were my dad's friend, you said I needed a slap in the face. They brought my brother's body out and my father's but they never brought yours out. But you were there." I realized with certainty that I was right, all the memories coming back to me.

He smiled at me, and his next words my blood run cold as ice.

"How do you know it was your brother's body? Did you ever see him? I didn't think so. For all you know, little James could still be out there, ten years old, up walking around. Hell, maybe he's even older than ten, with all the juju shit they've got now. He'd have to be. They probably made him nineteen. Now he's older than you, princess. It wasn't me who was watching you last night, sweetie, it definitely wasn't me."

Before I even had a chance to process what he had even said, he was gone.

I noted how he went from past tense, to maybe present tense, to definitely present tense. I couldn't breathe. Could my brother still be alive? If he was he was older than me now, and I wasn't even going to question it. I wasn't looking for a little boy anymore. I was looking for a man.

"H-Harry?" I heard the tremble in my voice. He pulled me to him.

"We'll find him, Devon I swear to God, we will. But first, we need to make sure you're safe. Michael wants you. He was careful to shield me in his head, but he let it slip that he wants you. I will be damned before I let him get you. My priority is to keep you safe." Harry sounded furious; he sounded like he'd rip anyone to pieces who got in his way. Remembering the black coils of smoke that wounded around him just seconds earlier, I didn't doubt that he wouldn't, in fact rip someone to pieces.

There was a darkness in Harry I hadn't known existed. It hidden behind his beautiful smile and his eyes, but it was there, it had made itself known to me.

It was a force to be reckoned with.

School had been canceled that day, due to 'an earthquake,' but I was probably the only human on earth who knew the truth, it wasn't an earthquake.

It was Harry.

Which undeniably scared me a little bit, but I'd have to get over it because I had a feeling I'd be with Harry for a very long time yet, and I didn't mind so much. I felt odd, calling it 'home' considering I'd only lived there for a day. But that's what it was; it was home.

Harry hadn't spoken a word since we left the school, the tension radiating off his body was enough to choke someone. I so desperately wanted to ask him what had happened with the parking lot, but the anger was rolling off of him in waves, I didn't want to anger him more.

I was trying to contain myself, sitting in the seat beside of him. I glanced at my hands and they were trembling, the tremor spreading throughout my body as I tried to repress the shaking, but I couldn't fight off the tremors that began to overtake my body.

I clenched my fists, hoping to get them to stop, but it didn't work.

"Devon, I won't let him hurt you." Harry muttered to me, not taking his eyes off the road. I couldn't bring myself to utter a reply. I had acted brave in front of Michael and everyone else at the parking lot, but the hidden truth was that I was terrified, and Michael wanting me, for whatever the reason, intensified my fear.

"Devon." Harry spoke again, but I didn't answer him, I kept my gaze shifted away from him.

"Devon, look at me now." The anger growing in his voice, but I still couldn't bring myself to speak to him, or to look at him.

"Damn it, Devon. Just fucking look at me!" He shouted, slamming on the breaks right in the middle of the interstate.

"Harry, keep driving before someone comes behind us and gets angry."

"Fuck them, I don't give a damn about them, I give a damn about you." His tone implying he was looking at me. I finally found the courage to look at him, and what I saw surprised me. His eyes were nearly black, swallowing the beautiful green nearly whole.

"Harry, drive." I whispered.

"I. Said. No." he growled, his face suddenly inches from mine.

"Just drive! I don't want to talk about it!" I shouted, tears obscuring my vision.

"Just fucking tell me what's wrong!"

"NO!"

"Damn it Devon, why do you have to be so fucking complicated?!" He shouted at me.

"Why do you even want to know, Harry?!" I shouted back at him.

"Because I fucking care about you, Devon!" He yelled furiously.

"Well just stop!" I whispered, sobs wrecking my body.

"No. Now tell me what's bothering you." The anger still filled his eyes.

I didn't want to talk to him about it, but my silence was getting Harry really angry. I didn't even understand why he wanted to know, why he cared. I knew for whatever reason, he was hell-bent on discovering what was wrong with me, so I gave in and told him.

"I . . .he . . . He said you didn't love me, that you weren't made to, that you were only out for yourself-" I stuttered.

"He doesn't know a damn thing, Devon. He doesn't know a damn thing about me, or you, or us. Not a damn thing. I love you Devon, I always have, and I always will."

And then he crushed his lips to mine, kissing me with such force. I kissed him back with equal force.

He pulled away from me, and stared away from the road.

"Your eyes get black when you're angry." I noted.

"It happens." He said grimly.

"Are you going to tell me what you are now, Harry?" I asked hesitantly, afraid he would get angry with me.

"No." He said flatly.

Well, alright then.

"Will you ever?" I asked.

He thought for a little bit before he answered.

"Maybe."

"Are you . . . Are you bad?" I couldn't resist the urge to ask, the memory of black coils wrapping around his body, I hadn't forgotten.

He laughed darkly. "Depends on who you talk to, love."

"What do you mean?"

He ran his hands through his curls, a gesture I had come to learn he did when he was trying to figure out what to say. It was getting dark, the sky turning a deep purple, all traces of snow gone, it had started to poor buckets of rain, the thunder coming out of nowhere, making me jump in my seat.

"I haven't exactly," he paused, "made a good impression on most people. I have a lot of people who would like to see me dead. I'm not a good person, Devon." He looked directly at me.

"I'm sure you had your reasons." I whispered, not looking at him.

"I was bored and angry. Those were my reasons. But now, I have a valid reason to be violent with people; I have you to protect. And if they thought I was bad then, they'll think I'm horrible now." He seemed to lash out at me, like he was trying to scare me, but I wasn't scared, not in the least.

"You aren't all bad," I muttered, which was a mistake. His eyes began to turn black again as he looked at me. His anger making me flinch.

"That is where you're wrong, Devon, I am all bad. I'm evil. There is not one once of good in me; I pick fights with people who I know will lose so I can beat the fuck out of something. I like hurting people." His words weren't getting through to me.

"If you're evil, how can you love me?" I asked him, and his face softened.

"Because I'm selfish. I should have left you alone, you wouldn't have been placed in this mess. I should have saved you and taken you home, made you forget that you had seen me at all, but I didn't, because I'm selfish."

"You're wrong, Harry. I would have been brought into this, because Michael was watching me before I met you. I was in this long before you arrived. You can say you're bad and evil all you want, but I will never believe you. There is some good in you, I know there is." Harry looked dumbstruck, but he didn't reply.

"Why are you still here? I've yelled at you, I've tried to scare you, I've been horrible, but here you are still." His eyes seemed darker now, against the twilight.

I contemplated his answer. He was right; why was I still here? I had had many golden opportunities to run, and reason to. He'd yelled at me so many times, tried to scare me, but he was right. Here I was still. But I knew why I was still here, I had known all along, even when I first laid eyes on him, I knew then too.

"I'm here still," I looked deeply into his eyes, "because I love you. I know there's good in you, I've seen it come out. But there's also dark in you, I've seen that too. But I don't care, it's part of what you are, it's part of who you are, it doesn't make a difference to me. I don't care if you're evil, I don't care if you're bad, so stop trying to push me away with those things because I don't care."

He stared at me for a long time, just looking at me, he surprised me by reaching down under my seat, pulling a switch that sent my chair flying back. He pushed his knee in between my legs, spreading them apart as he fit himself in there. He started sucking on my neck, moving up and down, I moaned when he found my sweet spot and I felt him grin against my neck. I wrapped my legs around his back, the heels of my feet resting on the small of his back.

I wound my fingers in his hair and chuckled when he growled. I pulled him closer; I needed to feel him touch me, skin to skin. His fingers dropped to the button of my pants and I froze.

"No, Harry," I gasped and pushed him away.

"Why?" I loved how he didn't force himself on me, how he pulled away as soon as I said no.

"It's not that I don't want to, Harry . . . I've just . . . Never . . "My sentence fading away.

"You're so innocent." He grinned at me, but another look crossed his face.

"Please let me make you feel good," He pleaded with me. "I won't force you into anything you don't want, but please let me make you feel good." He stared at me, and I nodded, giving him permission.

He kissed me gently, his hand slowly going into my jeans. I stiffened.

"Please trust me, love. I'm not going to hurt you." Harry whispered in my ear. His hands went into my underwear, and he found my sensitive spot, he started rubbing gently, faster. My fingers wound in his hair, pulling on it slightly. I had never felt something that felt so good. I felt a knot in the bottom of my stomach.

"Harry, I-" I stared.

"Sh, love it's okay, I'm here, I'll keep you safe, just let go." He pushed the hair out of my face, and kissed my forehead. I arched my back as I let go, the euphoric feeling rushing through me. I clung to Harry, my fingers in his hair as I rode through my high, and then it was gone.

-Harry's point of view.-

I don't know what came over me. I don't know why I said all those things to her, why I was trying to push her away. I didn't want her to leave me, ever; I loved her too much, but I still found myself trying to push her away.

"I'm here still," she looked into my eyes., "because I love you. I know there's good in you, I've seen it come out. But there's also dark in you, I've seen that too. But I don't care, it's part of what you are, it's part of who you are, it doesn't make a difference to me. I don't care if you're evil, I don't care if you're bad, so stop trying to push me away with those things because I don't care."

I needed her, right then and there. I wanted to make her feel good. I wanted to prove to her that I loved her. I lowered her chair back as far as it would go, and I was in between her legs, kissing her neck. I smiled as she moaned, having found her sweet spot I kept sucking. I felt her legs wrap around me and pull me closer to her, her fingers pulling on my hair slightly, making me groan.

Suddenly, my hand found the button of her jeans, but she stopped me.

"No, Harry," She gasped and pushed me away from her, I pulled back immediately.

"Why?" I asked her.

"It's not that I don't want to Harry . . . I've just . . . Never . . " Her sentence fading away, I found myself smiling.

"You're so innocent." I grinned at her, only meaning to be joking but suddenly another feeling crossed over me.

"Please let me make you feel good," I pleaded with her. "I won't force you into anything you don't want, please let me make you feel good." I looked at her, silently waiting for her answer. I watched her eyes flutter shut as she nodded at me.

I kissed her gently, my hand finding her jeans again. I felt her stiffen under me, but I wasn't doing what she thought I was trying to do.

"Please trust me, love. I'm not going to hurt you." I whispered in her ear, and her hand found my free hand as my other hand slipped past her underwear barrier. She gasped quietly as my finger pushed her sensitive spot and I rubbed it slightly. Her other hand wound itself in my hair, she pulled on it quietly as I rubbed her, her quiet gasps filled the car.

"Harry I-" She started.

"Sh, love it's okay, I'm here, I'll keep you safe, just let go." I pushed the sweaty hair out of her face, and kissed her forehead. She squeezed my hand and her back arched. I had never seen something so beautiful in my life. She trusted me, she let go with me. She was so vulnerable in this moment, but she trusted me. I would never let anything hurt her, I loved her.

She laid back in the seat, breathing heavily as she stared into my eyes.

"I love you, Harry." She muttered to me, still holding my hand.

"I love you too, Devon." I muttered to her, lightly stroking the side of her face.

I glanced down and noticed her jeans were slightly wet. She looked down and blushed, and I loved knowing I had did that to her.

"Do you, um, do you have any shorts I could wear?" Her was blush getting deeper.

"Of course babe, in the trunk, I'll go get them." I climbed out of the car and went to the drunk to get them. Once they were in my hands, I went back to the car and gave them to her. She grabbed them thankfully and stared at me for a little bit.

"Uh, Harry?" She asked.

"Yeah?" I answered her, staring into her beautiful blue eyes.

"Turn around." She blushed more.

"Oh, I don't mind." I smiled at her.

"But I do." She chuckled.

"Oh fine," I replied and turned around. I heard her shimmy her jeans down and slide on my shorts, and after a few seconds, she told me I could turn around.

-Devon's point of view.-

He turned around and smiled at me. He grabbed my hand and led me back to the car. It was so intimate, my cheeks flaming up automatically. I had never done something like that with anyone, I had never trusted anyone to see me in that kind of state, I was so vulnerable, I didn't trust anyone to be around me in that state.

But I trusted Harry to keep me safe, and he did.

We got back into his car, his hand never dropping mine, and after what turned out to be nearly three hours of sitting on the interstate, we drove home.

It struck me as odd, though, how in all that time we sat there, not one single car drove by.

***

Ritika, here's the update I'm sure you've ben waiting for! Oh and everyone else to! Who ever's reading. (: Thaaaannnnks for reading guysss! (: Vote, comment, whateves.

Hey guys! If you already read this and got real confused, I'm sorry! Wattpad spazzed out and posted this whole chapter out of order, I don't know what happened, but I fixed it, so hopefully you understood this better!

I bet THAT chapter gave you some Harry feels. Do not lie to yourseleves, you know it did. And Drama has now been introduced! BAM AM BAM BAMMM! Leave me some comments, tell me whatcha think about Michael! :D Votes and five comments for next chapter? Please?

-Hailey xx