"You don't have to do that," she said when he stood back up.

"Yes, I do."

"Okay," she said, "but you really don't."

"Yes, I do."

"Okay."

"There's something—"

But he didn't get to finish his words before a body slammed – somehow lightly – into her own, nearly taking her off her feet in surprise if Haldir wasn't there to catch them both.

"Bloody hell!" she exclaimed, hearing Flufflepuff squeal from the surprise awakening. She separated herself from the second person, checking on Flufflepuff first, and thanking Rowena that he was okay. Looking up to the person, a grin grew on her face. "Luthadis!"

"Aunt!"

Violet blushed, looking away from the two elves. Gathering herself, she looked back and said, "What are you doing here? I didn't know you were a soldier."

"'Tis a family trait." She shrugged. "I am actually the one leading our company here."

Haldir cleared his throat. "Ladies, I do not mean to interrupt the reunion, but Lady Violet there really is something you should see."

"Of course," Violet agreed, gesturing for him to lead the way. He did so, leading her and Luthadis through the ever-growing camp all the way to where the walls of Erebor began. Gandalf was leaning back against it, staff in one hand and a half-eaten apple in the other. She took off in a run, trying to reach him as quickly as possible. "Mithrandir!"

"Violet," he called back with a smile. She reached him, taking in his haggard appearance. Reaching a hand up, she felt both his cheeks and his forehead. He laughed, catching her hand and bringing it away from his face. "I do not have a fever. I'm in perfect health."

"Why are you outside the Mountain?" she demanded, "Where is Thorin? Is he okay? Is everyone else? Is Smaug still asleep?"

"Breathe," he responded, "I'll answer them all, but first, we must find the others."

"Okay. I, uh, must admit I do not know where they are."

"I will take care of that," Haldir said, "Thranduil was seen going into his tent in the middle outside portion of the camp."

She gave him a smile. "Thank you, Haldir." He bowed low and left to do his task. "I'm used to being addressed as 'Lady' by now, but blimey that's new in a weird way."

"What is?" Gandalf asked.

She looked at him. "Being bowed to."

The wizard chuckled. "Well, you know elves are rather courteous when it comes to those in power."

"Don't worry," Luthadis said, "You'll get used to it."

The three walked together through camp, many of the woodland elves greeting Luthadis along the way. Thranduil's tent was easy enough to find with Haldir's direction; it was the largest tent, of course, and the cloth doors on either side were pulled back. The Elven-king was inside with the chest plate and shoulder pads of his armour removed, revealing the thick material of his black tunic underneath.

He must have sensed their approaching, for he turned their way and gave a large smile, moving towards his niece. He wrapped her tightly in a hug, swaying her side to side.

"I wondered if you would be here," he said, holding her by the shoulders.

"I could not let you, Uncle, have all the fun," she teased, "Plus, someone has to make sure adar isn't getting too old for the battlefield."