She didn't think he was right to order her about, but he was right on one point. She should've known he would provide her with protective clothing. Merlin, that was such a silly, petty argument between them. Why did they even have it? What was the point?

She heard a faint knocking sound at the door, and she called for whoever it was to come in. Nobody opened the door, even if she could still hear someone knocking. She called for them again.

No answer.

Rolling her lips between her teeth, she walked towards her door and looked into the hallway. Thranduil was standing there, as promised, arms crossed and looking right at her.

"Did you not hear me say come in?" she asked, raising a brow.

He mirrored her expression. "What do you mean?"

"You knocked on my door," she explained, "Even when I was telling you to come in."

"I never knocked on your door, Violet," Thranduil explained slowly, as if she was off her rocker.

She sighed, wiping her hand down her face. "I'm sorry. I don't know what I was hearing." She paused for a moment, before looking at him and asking softly, "Can you help me?"

He smiled lightly and nodded, walking towards her and into the room when she opened the door wider. She closed it behind them, looking off to the side as he buckled the pieces together. "Do I need the rest?"

"No, darling," he said, "So long as your heart is protected, I am happy."

She smiled and nodded slightly, unsure of what to do next. It was he who made the next move, hugging her as tightly as their armour would allow. He pressed a hard kiss to her forehead, pulling back and sighing heavily as he looked in the direction of the door.

"We need to leave," she said, following his own train of thoughts.

"Yes," he agreed.

"I can apparate us back."

He nodded, and she contemplated her next moves. Valar, she had no reason to be as nervous as she was. Throwing caution to the wind, she grabbed his bottom lip, pulling it down to reveal two freshly chewed sores there. She tapped her wand on them, healing them instantly. As she looked into Thranduil's eyes, she could see him glancing between her own and her lips.

But in the end, they stepped apart, and she went to grab the box of armour. He took it from her when she was near enough, grabbing onto her hand.

"Wait," he said, keeping her hand in his and turning towards her, "I know we are in a difficult spot in our relationship, and I know with zero doubts that we will make it through it together, but until we do... we must not let it interfere with our duties from here on out."

She nodded. "Agreed. Too many lives are at stake, ours included. What happened at the meeting, while Thorin's fault too, can't happen again." She paused. "Did Authanar talk to you too?"

He rolled his eyes. "'Twas less of a talk and more of a lecture."

"Well, I would've preferred that to what I got," she grumbled. He went to ask, but she stopped him. "We don't have time for that right now."

He gave a somber smile, pressing a kiss to the back of her hand. "Ready to march to war?"

She took a deep breath. "Together?"

"Together."

And with that, away they apparated.

They landed beside Belegmorroch and stepped away from each other, though their glances lingered on one another for a moment. He handed her the box, stepping away to his own steed and tending to him. Her bag was attached to Belegmorroch, and she opened it, instinctually ducking when something came flying out of it.