Part Five.

We made it to Atlanta and the first stop we made was to the hospital, Coop booked our hotel over the phone. I could tell he was hurting even though he still kept his composure and stayed sweet to me, I could sense the hurt. I felt for him. I mean I don't know how it is because I never had a mother or a father, but I just know coop and his dad were close since he was a kid and if I had a father I'm sure I would know how it felt too. "Hi how are you" the lady asked as we approached the desk. "Im good can you tell me what floor Kane Monroe on" Coop said back to her. "Just a second" she said and he nodded. He looked at me and I gave him a small smile. "Room 13 sweetie" she said. "Thanks" he said and we walked away. We made it to the room and he sighed before he walked in and there was men standing in there and some sitting down, a woman also sitting beside the bed holding his dads hand as tears streamed down her face. "Wassup nephew" one of the men said dryly as he approached Coop and hugged him. "Wassup" Coop said. He spoke to everybody and then he walked over to the lady. He grabbed her hand and she stood up and he pulled her into a hug. I didn't think that was Coop's mom, well I didn't know, we never seen a woman around as kids other than the different ones Coops dad had. There was never one that was around all of the time. "I was in the house and next thing I knew I heard 5 gunshots I ran to the window and seen Kane" she cried as he held onto her. "I just didn't know what to do Coop" she cried. "It was nothin you could do they was gone. I know if you made it out there in time you would've handled business. Everything gone be coo all we can do now is Pray he be alright" he said to her. Other than her cries the machines were beeping. I always said if there's a strong heartbeat there's still a chance. His dads heart was pumping and that meant there was signs of life still. I didn't want coop to lose hope, being in prison 6 years that's something I know you can't lose. Hours went by and I was hungry. I needed a snack so I decided to go to the vending machine. "Hey sorry to interrupt Coop. I said to him as I interrupted their conversation and he looked at me. "I'm gonna go to the vending machine" I said and he nodded at me and I walked away. I made it to the vending machine and my phone buzzed and I looked and seen a picture of Ric and Bri at her birthday party and I smiled and sent a heart back and slid my phone back into my pocket. I seen that Tavi texted me asking what was going on but I decided I would just call her later or Coop would when he felt like he wanted to talk. "We about to go ahead and head out I'll just come back in the morning I need some rest" Coop's voice boomed from behind me. "Okay" I said. His dads driver I'm assuming gave us a ride to the hotel. "You need me to come back in the morning" he asked him. "Ima have you take me to the rental place I rented a car for when I'm out here" Coop said. "Alright Coop. Keep yo head up" he said and Coop nodded and he grabbed our bags and we walked inside. All I could think about was food and sleep, mainly food. We got off the elevator and we headed to the room and he slid the key in the door and we walked inside. It was beautiful he got a master suite. "I'm gonna go shower" I said and he nodded as he grabbed his bag and dumped all the money on the bed. I grabbed my bag and headed towards the bathroom, turning the shower on, undressing and stepping in.