Shelby's POV

Beep beep beep.

I groaned with tiredness . I didn't get much sleep last night. I was doing some homework and playing some minecraft. I didn't get to sleep until like 3AM. I stopped the alarm and sat up. I yawned and rubbed my eyes.

I got up so I could go into the bathroom to brush my teeth and wash my face. The cold water felt nice but I was still tired.

I picked up my school uniform and changed. I brushed out my hair and put my favourite headband. I looked in the mirror and looked at myself. Long brunette hair and a yellow brown colour eyes. My school cardigan was black on top of a white polo shirt. My skirt was black too and reached just above my knees. I had knee high socks on and black shoes. I personally thought I looked nice today. Not as pretty as Katherine of course! I blushed as I thought of her. She was just so... Perfect. I'm never going to be good enough for her. Joey likes her anyways and if he knew he had a rival I would be dead before you could say jealous.

I walked downstairs to be greeted by my Grandma. She gave me my lunch and told me to have a good day. And I was off for the bus stop. I got there a couple minutes early and waited for the bus to arrive. I started humming a tune quietly. The bus came into sight and I got on when it stopped. I made my way to where I usually say and sat there.

"Hi Shrub!" I heard and I turned to face Lizzie. I smiled and said,

"Hi Lizzie!" She sat down next to me and we started to talk. She began to go on a rant about how amazing her crush, Joel, was. And I started telling her all about Katherine being perfect. " But she'd never like a girl like me, " I ended sadly.

"Don't think like that Shrub! Anyone would be lucky to have you! You're my best friend, I would know! I spend most of my time with you!" She said confidently. I smiled at her and responded,

"Thanks Liz. I'm glad we're friends." She smiled and we kept talking. Katherine walked past us and I practically melted. Lizzie laughed but I came back at her saying that she was one to talk when she likes Joel! She turned pink and soon enough, we were at school.

"Hi Lizzie and Shelby!" Scott greeted as we walked into school. We began to talk to him but had to hurry to class. Me and Lizzie got to english. Miss Parker welcomed us and said to everyone that we were moving seats. I looked at Lizzie apprehensively. I liked sitting with my best friend. What if I had to sit next to Joey?!

"So in the front desk we have Gem and Sausage. And here we have Lizzie and Joel." The teacher said. Lizzie looked at me with a mixture of being terrified and really exited. I was excited for her. "And here we have Shelby and Katherine." I didn't hear what she said after that because I couldn't believe it. I was going to sit next to Katherine Elizabeth! Joey jumped up.

" You can't do that! I must sit next to my princess! " He called.

"I'm sorry. I'm not going to change it." Miss Parker told him calmly. He opened his mouth to argue but was silenced by the teacher raising her eyebrows. She usually did that when someone would get detention of they went further. He sat back down. I got up and sat next to Katherine.

" Hi. I-I'm Shelby. " I introduced myself, holding my hand out for her to shake. She took it and said,

"Hi, I'm Katherine."

On the bus ride back home, me and Lizzie were chatting all about our day. Joel had told her that she was pretty! I wish that would happen with Katherine but I know that will never happen. I'm lucky I even got to talk to her!

Me and Lizzie said bye and I walked into the house. "How was school, Shelby?" Grandma asked.

" it was amazing! " I told her. I headed up to my room so I could write all about it.

Dear diary,

Today was amazing! I got to sit next to Katherine and she said hello to me! And apparently Lizzie was complemented by Joel! Today was overall amazing!

I closed the notebook. It was deep green and had little flower drawings around the side and it said diary in gold lettering on the front. I loved it. I his it in my pillow case and turned on minecraft. Maybe I should get some sleep tonight. Nah.

Word count: 814

A\N I'm enjoying this so far. I have an idea for the next chapter and it should be out sometime soon. -Katie💕 (About a month later. I'm soRRY I wAs bUSy).