[CHAPTER FIVE] "Mr & Mrs Deandre Lamarr Webber, Again."

Start from the beginning

Not Everyone was happy to see them taking pictures. Including Kip. She wasn't too happy that her best friend kept putting her work on hold for him again. Lucinda was upset they hadn't gotten back with her about the prenup. And Vena was upset about being outside. But they all believed in their marriage.

"Why are you walking around with your plate Spencer?" Mariah asked her cousin. They served three courses, two appetizers, two entree, one dinner with the choice between chicken or beef and they had a desserts table.

"Because I want to eat and talk."

"Then go outside." There were a few people outside by the bar and there was a field for the kids.

"Its hot out there girl but You look nice though, I like those shoes." He said walking away. Mariah just let it go. She didn't really eat much, because she didn't like the way anything smelled. So she grabbed her ice cream cup and walked outside with her family. One of her cousins joked,

"Well at least you're still small enough to fix in the dress."

"Well thanks for that I think.." Mariah knew it wasn't a compliment but she didn't want any comments to change her attitude.

"I'm happy for you. I hope it's another girl."

"I want a boy, so I can be done. I'm not trying to be pregnant back to back anymore." She stressed.

"I saw your nail page.. you do some nice nails?" One of her cousins butted in the conversation.

"You should let me do your nails."

"You want me to come California?" Most of her family lived thirty minutes from Trent. Mariah lived eighteen hours from Trent. So they didn't visit often.

"No I mean while we here. I always travel with my stuff."

"Yeah! We gotta hook something up."

"Always working." Vena whispered as she leaned close to her and tapped her arm, "You gonna run yourself into an early grave doing all this working when you could be relaxing."

"You sound like Andre." She grabbed Zein from her mothers arms and walked back into the dining hall where everyone was sitting down. Deandre was chatting with his brothers. They were getting heated about something. Mariah walked straight over there to see what was going on.

"What y'all chatting about with all this angry faces?" Mariah grabbed Deandre's chin and gave him a look. "You okay?"

"Yeah everything's chill, right Darin?"

"Whatever." He stood up and kicked his chair back before walking away. "What was that about?"

"Don't even worry about it wife. Let me see her. She's getting so big and tall." He sat her on his lap. "Can you say big sister!" She just chanted her regular baby noise.

"Look, I'm not going to stop you from pursuing your dream, don't worry about what I think. The girls won't remember much of this anyway. I'll take Zein with me while you work so you can focus."

"You sure that's not too much. You won't get distracted?"

"I'll have help. So do what you gotta do and after you have the baby you come on tour with me for a while as a vacation."