020-she's evil, most definitely

BILLY HAD ONE JOB TO DO.

Ever since the day he crashed into Brimborn Steel Works, there's been a little, menacing voice in the back of his head.  At first, it was quiet and he just decided it was a slight concussion from what had happened.  Then, it started to get louder, like a constant ringing that wouldn't go away.  And now, it was all he thought about. 

Find Carla Wheeler.

At first, Billy hadn't understood what that meant. Find Carla Wheeler? He saw Carla Wheeler on the weekly when she picked up his step-sister, there was no finding to be done.  But then, when it got louder, stronger, did he understand.  

He had to find her.  He had to find her and bring her to him.

Billy had tried to fight it.  He promises he did—swears on God.  He tried to block out that goddamn ringing but one day, he just couldn't.  Something took him over, and the next thing he knew he was slamming Carla Wheeler's head against the lifeguard closet wall.

He wasn't himself when he did it.  Something had changed him, re-written the way he thought.  He wasn't the master of himself—he was a puppet with strings attached to his mind, controlling every thought, every action.

Currently, the voice in his head was in full control.  He could feel his brain being toyed with, being told the same task it had been told since day one—Find Carla Wheeler.  Except, today, it was easier than most days.

She was right in front of him.

Collapsing out his car door, Billy let out a seethe.  He wasn't sure what had happened, but his car was on fire and he felt like shit.  But, with him in control, it left no time for emotion.  His only thought was to get Carla.

The boy slowly went past his car, feeling nothing but pain.  He wasn't quite sure it was because of what had happened or because he was in control but it didn't matter because she was here.

 He could feel her presence.  Feel that she was near, and the little voice in the back of his head was telling Billy to grab her. To grab her and bring her to him.  Just as it had for the past week.

And Billy couldn't afford to fail this time.  He was the right hand man, and he'd failed his master at the pool.  He'd left Carla alive, and ran away without her.  But this time, Billy Hargrove was not going to run.  He was going to make sure Carla Wheeler was given to him.

"Carla, help us!" His step-sister's voice came through, and Billy turned to see her coming through the loading dock gates, holding on to Eleven—his next target—with Micheal Wheeler on her other side.  Carla herself was standing in front of the gate, on the ready to help them. Always helping people.  

Now's your chance, the voice spoke.  Once the task was given, it was like an itch in the back of his head that needed to be scratched, Go and bring her to me.

"Come on, I promised them we'd be back—" Carla spoke, her voice causing Billy's mind to burn even more.  She was so close.  Billy stared daggers towards the group, watching as they all came to a halt, fear etched upon their features. "Fuck."

"Shit!" Max exclaimed.

Mike turned them around, "Go, go, go, go, go, go, go!"

Carla sends a glare towards the Hargrove boy before following after the kids, waiting for Max to push the button to close the gate before shoving her forward.   The Wheeler herself though doesn't move, and watches as he approaches them with speed, only yelling for her brother, his step-sister and the other to keep running.  She was making it easy.