016-together again

STEVE FELT LIKE SHIT.

He'd walked for miles to enter a secret Russian base, only to get beat to a pulp by said Russians, to then get something injected into him that led him into an long high.....to now crashing in front of a toilet. 

Yeah, Steve was pretty sure this had been the worst day of his life—if it had even been a day.....it could have been an hour, or five. He wasn't exactly sure because, well, he'd been beat up in a Russian base.

Now, Steve found himself seated against the wall of a bathroom stall, throat burning as his hand limply flushed down whatever had just exited his stomach.  Clearly, whatever the Russians had put in him only lasted for so long, because whatever good feeling he'd just been filled with was now completely gone.

"The ceiling stopped spinning for me." Robin Buckley, the girl who'd been through hell and back with him, voiced from the next stall over.   She too had been injected with some feel-good drug and was starting to come to.  "Is it still spinning for you?"

The Harrington looked up to test her words, vision slightly blurry from the swollen eye he had, "Holy shit.  No."  There was no more dizziness, and the lights weren't blending together as they had moments before, "You think we puked it all up?"

"Maybe.  Ask me something." Robin replied.  She then put on a thick Russian accent, "Interrogate me."

A small chuckle left Steve's lips at her mimic of the Russian guard—a genuine chuckle, not one caused by the drugs—and he answered, "Okay. Interrogate you. Sure. Um...."  He thought for a minute before finally asking, "When was the last time you, uh, peed your pants?"

"Today."

Well, Steve surely didn't expect that answer.  "What?"

"When the Russian doctor took out the bone saw." Robin admitted, causing the boy in the next stall over to laugh again, "It was just a little bit, though."

Steve shook his head, "It's definitely still in her system."

After a few more moments of laughter and groans, Robin spoke again, "Alright, my turn."

"Okay. Hit me."

"Have you....." the Buckley trailed off, voice raspy, ".....ever been in love?"

"Yup. Nancy Wheeler.  Fist semester, senior year." the Harrington replies, the sound of the boy imitating a gun-shot follows.  He then adds, "At least, I convinced myself I was."

"Oh my god.  She's such a priss."

"Hm. Turns out, not really."

Knowing that he was in a steady relationship with Nancy's sister, Robin edged on.  She'd never heard the story of how their relationship came to be once more, even though she'd spent a whole two months working with the Harrington.  "What happened?"

"Well, Carla happened." Steve shrugged, mind trailing off to his girlfriend.  God, did he miss her.  He'd been trapped in a Russian base for what felt like forever, on death's door and yet, all he thought about was Carla Wheeler.  Her smile, her body, her laugh.  Just her.

Robin scoffed, "Obviously. But what happened?"

"It's kinda difficult to explain, but...." the Harrington trailed off before finally explaining what his co-worker wanted to know, "In '83, I'd broken up with her and I really regretted it.....but I was so stuck up in my popularity that I decided not to just spit out that I still loved her.  Instead I just went from girl trying to fill the hole that she left, but of course, there is no one like Carla."