017-what lies under the skin

"EL?" CARLA ASKED IN A PANICKED VOICE, "ELEVEN?"

The Wheeler girl held a weak Eleven Hopper in her arms with concern and confusion filling her veins. Eleven was clearly in pain—she'd collapsed under herself after all—but why, Carla didn't know.   The two girls sank to the floor, Carla placing El's head in her lap as lightly as she could.

The Wheeler's panicked calls for the girl must have finally gained everyone else's attention, because soon enough, Mike was at his sister's side, sinking down to Eleven's level.  She could tell how worried her brother was over El—his love for her showing, even in the more terrifying of moments.

"What's wrong with her?" Erica spoke up, looking down at the girl with confusion.

Mike reiterated the question, words rambling from his mouth, "What's wrong? What's wrong? What's wrong?"

"My leg," Eleven croaked out, face scrunched up in pain, "My leg."

 "Her leg, her leg, okay." Jonathan took charge, kneeling down in front of the girl.  He placed his hands on her leg, lifting up the pant leg to reveal a blood-soaked gauze and bandage, the would having bled even more since they left the convenience store.  Whether it was because Mike hadn't held long enough, the amount of movement they've done or just her own malpractice, Carla was unsure.  "Get that off."

As Eleven whimpered in pain from Carla's lap, the other Wheeler girl broke apart the bandage upon her wound to reveal it to the group.  Disgusted sounds chorused throughout the group at the sight of the putrid wound, faces cringing in utter revulsion.

Looking down at the gash, Carla couldn't help herself from letting out her own exclaim of disgust.  She almost felt nauseous looking at the thing, but she didn't let herself walk away.  She had to stay for El.  Eleven needed her.

The girl's entire leg was stained red, her skin growing more purple the closer to the wound you got, but, that's not where it ended.  A giant lump sat atop her shin, and inside the giant lump something was.....moving?

Carla's eyes widened as she noticed something moving within the wound, and she almost took a double take.  There was definitely something inside of El's leg—something alive, squirming inside of her skin as it tried to break past the open layer, the poking and prodding causing it's victim pain. 

As if the thing inside Eleven's leg had sensed everyone's eyes upon it, it suddenly started to squirm more, El wailing in pain and discomfort.   The Hopper squirmed around from Carla's lap, trying her best to contain her screams—though, her attempt was weak.

Mike fumbled over his words, repeating Eleven's name over and over again—as if that was doing anyone any good. "El! El! Are you okay!"  He was met with a scream of absolute pain, causing him to go into even more panic.

"What is that?" Erica asked, nose wrinkling as she watched whatever was in Eleven's leg squirm from inside of the skin.  Carla's eyes glanced down at the wound, noticing something of a tentacle causing a slight indent.

Obviously, the thing was beginning to cause Eleven more pain, because the girls whimpers and wails quickly turned into screams and cries of pain, the girl unable to hold them in anymore.  It was bad, and Carla knew that something had to be done before it got even worse.

"There's something in there." Mike stated, as if no one else's eyes had been bugging on the rather obvious movement within El's wound.

"State the obvious, Micheal." Carla probably shouldn't be making sarcastic comments in a time like this, but she truly couldn't help it.  It was frustrating, watching the young girl below her sob in pain, and the Wheeler wanted nothing more than to help her.  Mike stating what was already known wasn't doing anything of that sort. "We need to get this thing out. Right now."