Chapter 6 : rest and memories

Start from the beginning

Atsushi nodded, his voice earnest. "That's right. We strive to maintain peace and balance in Yokohama, and our combined talents allow us to tackle challenges that others can't."

Dazai's gaze never wavered from yours, his words carrying a hint of intrigue. "Your involvement could greatly enhance our capabilities, (Y/N). Your unique abilities could provide new perspectives and solutions to the cases we take on."

The idea was intriguing, and you found yourself drawn to the possibility of using your powers to make a difference in this world. However, a hint of doubt lingered in your mind. "But what about my mission? Elyndor mentioned that I have a task to fulfill if I want to survive and save you all, I know I accepted to join you but I'm not sure how joining the agency would align with that."

Dazai's smile softened, his eyes reflecting a depth of understanding. "Ah, the mission you mentioned earlier. It's true that you have your own path to follow. However, that doesn't mean the two cannot coexist. The agency's work often involves dealing with case that not ordinary people could do, and by helping us, you might find more easily links about those objects you mentionned, that could lead you closer to your own mission."

Dazai's words resonated with you. To be part of the organization you adored, that aligned with your mission while also offering a supportive community was a prospect you hadn't dared to hope for.

With a determined smile, you met Dazai's gaze. "Thank you for your honesty. I believe I'd like to give it a try, to see if I can contribute while also pursuing my own objectives."

Dazai's grin returned, a mix of satisfaction and genuine warmth. "That's the spirit, (Y/N)-chan! So, what do you say? Are you comfortable with the idea of staying at my apartment?"

You met his gaze, a smile playing at the corners of your lips. "Well, Dazai-san, I must admit, the idea of a comfortable place to stay sounds appealing compared to an appartment I could only afford for one night."

Dazai's eyes sparkled with mischief as he leaned in slightly. "Excellent! I promise I'll be the perfect host, and I'm sure Looki will make sure you feel right at home."

Looki, who had been busy investigating a crumb on the table, perked up at the mention of his name. He gave an enthusiastic bark, as if to confirm his commitment to the role of a welcoming committee.

Atsushi's concern for Dazai's intentions was evident in his gaze, but he chose to remain quiet, letting a sight as he was observing the interaction between you and Dazai.

You laughed a little, feeling a sense of warmth and camaraderie growing with each passing moment. "Thank you both, really. I'm grateful for your hospitality."

Dazai winked at you, a playful glint in his eyes. "It's our pleasure, (Y/N)-chan. And who knows, maybe you'll discover that life with the Armed Detective Agency is full of surprises."

_____

Time skip

As you were in conversation with Dazai and Atsushi, the sun began its gradual descent, casting a warm and golden hue over the surroundings. The cafe's atmosphere shifted with the changing light, from the vibrant energy of midday to the more subdued tones of early evening.

However, amidst the engaging discussion and the mesmerizing sunset, your stomach let out an audible growl, betraying your hunger and despite your best efforts to conceal it, your stomach chose to voice its demands once more. Dazai's playful gaze flickered to you, an amused smile dancing on his lips. "It sounds like someone's hungry."

You laughed softly, a touch of embarrassment coloring your cheeks. "It seems my stomach has decided to join the conversation."

Dazai's grin widened. "Well, (Y/N)-chan, the evening approaches, and we skipped lunch during our chase earlier. How about we satisfy our hunger and continue our discussion at a more satiated pace?"