“I can't, He saved me” William confessed “which is why I have realized that you sir are a good man and it would be my pleasure to serve” Hadrian scoffed and shook his head in the disappointment of himself “Sir, if the Lord can forgive you for all the sins in your past, you have to come to content with yourself. God forgives you, your highness” Hadrian looked at him. His heart has never been at such rest before and it came with these reassuring words. He smiled at William as he finished untying him.

“Thank you, I thought God was only in myths”

“No, He is not, He is as real as ever. I only know little but I would love to share the little I know with you” He confessed.

“I would love to hear more” Hadrian grinned.

“We have no time sir, we would need to escape, here” William scanned around him and slid a dagger into Hadrian's clothes“Use this to cut yourselves out tomorrow morning and we would make a run from it. We must harm no men, the violence is already enough and there are some good men here”  

“You have my word”

“I must leave you two, until next time”

“Until next time” Hadrian smiled and gave him that knight handshake. William smiled at Irene before walking away.

Hadrian turned to Irene, she seemed to be staring at him the entire time. He chuckled and drew closer to her, she did not try to drift away, she knew she could trust him.

“I am proud of you, you have made some good friends” Irene's cheeks grew red, complimenting her fair skin. She had washed her face off the mud and dried blood in a river during their journey.

“Thank you”

“Irene,”

“Yes”

“I want to tell you something” Hadrian started. She became anxious.

“Is everything alright?”

“Everything is okay, this is something that has bothered me for a while. When I saw you in between Cedric's men, I thought I had lost you, seeing you hurt does not make me happy. I don't think I would be able to bear it if I never got to tell you how I felt” Hadrian held her hand in his and smiled at her, her trembling hands freezing at his touch “I'm in love with you Irene” Irene froze completely after hearing those words from him, Hadrian chuckled “I know we've been through so much but I feel like if I never let you know, I might be lost forever. I love you, so much, I held it for so long. I have had many mistresses in the past but you were the one who stole my heart. I love you” he confessed gazing deep into her big brown eyes, his own going watery.

Irene's expression was subtle, she had butterflies in her stomach, and she couldn't believe her ears. The prince just confessed he loves me, me! She jested to herself, she had waited so long just to hear those words. A tear escaped from her eyes causing her to blink freely.

“You don't have to say...”

“I love you too” she blurted, stopping Hadrian in his tracks. He stared at her eyes, they were filled with emotions, feelings that had been stored up for so long “I love you” she said again just to clear any doubts either she or Hadrian was having.

Hadrian grinned at her words, he was in love with the girl in front of him, the girl who he found in his chambers on the day of his arrival with Natasha, the girl who fought through all odds to make sure her father did not die for a crime he did not commit, the girl who he once slapped but that did not stop her caring heart, the girl who survived all the pain she got even from him but she still strives for good, she still strived for love, to love, the girl he was privileged to fall in love with.

Tears rolled down from his cheeks but they were nothing compared to Irene's flood of tears and emotions. He rubbed his palm on her face, leaning in, he cupped her face and wiped her tears. He kissed her as he had never done so to anyone before, with love and compassion. Irene couldn't believe it, she placed her hands on his chest and his heartbeat was calm but she could feel how tense he was which caused her to smile briefly. Some of Cedric's men noticed but Hadrian and Irene were in a world of their own.

Hadrian drew back slowly, never letting his eyes off hers. Her eyes were still shut, she was still in the clouds.
“Irene” he whispered, trying not to frighten her. Her eyes fluttered open to meet a pair of those eyes she had never for once stop dreaming of, those eyes she always tried to break the mystery, the eyes that would gaze into hers and cause her to think, those eyes that were comforting and precious to her, those eyes that could tell her so much, those eyes she fell in love with and they were full of compassion and that was for her. For me. She smiled at him, drifting away from her thoughts, and wrapped her hands around him, not letting go in the slightest. Hadrian chuckled and embraced her firmly, firmly but gently. He breathed into her neck. He was ready to never let go.

“My love, My Rõsë” he whispered.

Hiii beautiful people.

I love this one!!!

Vote ✅

Comment 💬

Share 🌍

God loves you!!!

Mwah!

Bye for now!!