'Palpatine thinks General Grievous is on Utapau. We have no reports of this from our agents,' Master Adi-Mundi's blue form said.

'How could the Chancellor have come by this information, and we know nothing about it?' Master Windu said. 'We have had contact with Baron Papanoida and he said no one was there.'

'A partial message was intercepted in a diplomatic packet from the Chairman of Utapau,' Anakin added.

'Act on this, we must,' Master Yoda hummed. 'The capture of General Grievous will end this war. Quickly and decisively, we should proceed.' 

'Does everyone agree?'

A communal agreement sounded throughout the conference room from holograms and present Masters alike.

'The Chancellor has requested that I lead the campaign.'

A familiar air of awkwardness blanketed the Council. Sol's eyes fell on her lap while Obi-wan looked at Anakin with pursed lips and unblinking eyes. Sol could feel Anakin's Force signature flaring at the need to be noticed in the Council. If she looked to the other side of the room, she would see Anakin sitting up tall and challenging Master Windu in particular.

'The Council will make up its own mind who is to go, not the Chancellor,' Master Windu deadpanned the Skywalker. 

'Yes, this decision is ours to make,' Master Adi-Mundi said in agreement. Anakin's shoulders deflated and he sagged in his chair. Sol saw the way his gaze dropped to the floor and the stench of embarrassment wafted once again.

'A Master is needed, with more experience,' Master Yoda's hologram said with a glance around the present members.

'Given our resources, I recommend we send only one Jedi... Master Kenobi.'

Anakin and Obi-wan perked up at Master Windu's suggestion. While Obi-wan was used to solo-allocation for missions, it was a large responsibility to take down General Grievous on his own. But he knew that the Order was being stretched thin and someone skilled and trusted had to be given the task. Obi-wan was honoured to be chosen and would ensure that he would follow through this time with saving the galaxy from one less cyborg menace.

'He was not so successful the last time he met Grievous,' Anakin piped up and Sol's jaw dropped. Obi-wan gave Anakin a glare that Sol had never seen the man wear, and she hoped that a showdown wouldn't happen in the middle of the conference room.

'No offense, my Master,' Anakin backpedaled at Obi-wan's face. 'But I'm only stating a fact.'

'Oh no, you're quite right,' Sol sensed a hint of sarcasm in Obi-wan's voice. 'But I do have the most experience with his ways of combat.' 

'Obi-wan, my choice is,' Master Yoda said, but paused as he looked to the other side of the Kenobi. 'Unless want to volunteer, someone else does?'

Sol noticed the silence that followed and it made her look from Anakin and Obi-wan's staring competition to her ex-Master. From Master Yoda's open question, Master Adi-Mundi, Master Plo Koon, Master Windu, and the remaining Jedi Masters looked to where their Grand Master directed his suggestion. Sol straightened her posture and tried to appear like it wasn't a surprise that Master Yoda was asking her the question. But through the Force, it was evident from her quivering white flame that Sol was caught entirely off-guard.

'O-Oh!' Sol chimed and cleared her throat. 'I'm not sure, Master. General Grievous is certainly a force to be dealt with.'

'Indeed,' Master Windu said, tilting his head to show the slight boredom in his eyes. Sol could see that he wanted Sol to get to her point and it made it even more difficult to get her words out.

'I would be honoured to accept this mission...' Sol wanted to be daring. But when she glanced to her left and right, the looks on Anakin and Obi-wan's face made her stop. 

Anakin looked disappointed to hear that both of his best friends were offered the mission, and even felt ashamed to admit that he was jealous. He wanted to be supportive of Sol as she deserved to be trusted by the Council and to be the one to take down General Grievous without any help. When he first heard that Sol had been promoted to Master, he was genuinely happy for her. But when he was rejected from the promotion, Anakin felt mocked by the Council and couldn't help but envy Sol with an un-Jedi-like hint of anger.

Not only did Anakin's crestfallen expression sway Sol, but when she looked at Obi-wan, she knew that she had to reject the offer. If they could talk through the Force, Obi-wan would plead for Sol to stay on Coruscant while he went instead. He wanted Sol to keep close to Anakin during these uncertain times. After hearing that the Chancellor had advocated for Anakin to take the mission, Obi-wan knew that he still hadn't seen the wrong in the Chancellor's ways. 

'But I will let Master Kenobi take this one,' Sol said as she looked back at Master Yoda. 'Thank you for the opportunity, Master.'

'Very well. Council is adjourned,' Master Windu announced. 'Obi-wan, prepare two clone brigades as quickly as you can. If this report is true, there's no telling how many battle droids he may have with him.'

--- 

Obi-wan was set to leave that afternoon. His ship was being prepared by Commander Cody and the search for General Grievous would begin on Utapau. Usually, Sol would see a fellow Jedi off at the landing pad of the temple. But because of the sheer size of the clone legion Obi-wan would be taking for the dangerous mission, the ship would be taking off near the docking bay.

Because of this change, Obi-wan thought it would be better to say goodbye to Sol before they reached the bay. Not just because of the privacy they would have for their discussion, but because Anakin would most likely be waiting there. Obi-wan had a few words to say to him before he left, so he wanted to make sure he saw Sol first before the difficult conversation of his stubborn ex-Padawan wore him down. 

Obi-wan and Sol returned to the Council conference room for their privacy. They took their seats beside each other and Sol had already anticipated the discussion's topic that was heading her way.

'Sol, I appreciate you rejecting the mission,' Obi-wan started. 'I know that it was a great honour, but I am still fearing Anakin's involvement with the Chancellor. It seems that nothing has changed, and Palpatine's advocation for Anakin to take on this mission was unnerving.'

'Because of how he wanted Anakin to murder Count Dooku?' Sol suggested and Obi-wan nodded.

'Precisely,' he said. 'But I need you here. I know that if the Council knew, they would want you keeping an eye on Anakin, too-'

'You won't tell them, will you?' 

'Of course not, Sol. I told you that I would never tell them about you and Anakin's relationship. Please don't fret.'

Sol nodded and blushed from shame. She had to trust Obi-wan and know that he was a man of his word. He may be a Jedi, but Obi-wan was a friend more than anything. Obi-wan was the only one in the entire Order that knew everything that Sol knew about herself and all the things she had found out in the past year. He knew that she was looking into her heritage, and he knew about her connection to Satele Shan. Obi-wan had unknowingly become Sol's most trusted friend.

'But while I'm gone, Sol, I trust you to do the right thing,' Obi-wan leaned forward and looked at Sol pleadingly. 'The Council aren't asking you this, like they did to Anakin, but it is me that is asking you. Keep Anakin close, and I know he'll see what has to be done.' 

'I will,' Sol took a deep breath and decided to make an important admittance to the Jedi Master. 'I love him, Obi.' 

Obi-wan smiled. A small sparkle formed in Sol's purple eyes and Obi-wan saw the corners of her lips curl at her own words. Even when Sol was conflicted with Anakin's allegiance to Palpatine and his changing behaviour, her face still changed at his very mention. Obi-wan could see that he didn't have to worry about Sol's determination, and he could be at peace while he was away on Utapau.

'I know you do,' Obi-wan put a hand on Sol's shoulder; a gesture that he did often with her. 'I have tried to be blind for yours and Anakin's sake. He's never even tried to hide it, though we do not speak of it. You made Anakin happy when nothing else ever truly could, and that is all I care about. 

May the Force be with you, Sol.'

'And with you, Obi.'