Chapter 9

As I walked in I heard voices. I didn't want to make a scene so I turned invisible. Everything became invisible with me.

I walked into a room and the lights instantly went on. I became visible and shielded my eyes because of the brightness. I stayed where I was when I heard what sounded like screaming, but it was like there was something covering the scream.

I uncovered my eyes and saw Natasha tied to a chair with duck tape and some of it was over her mouth. She was the one screaming. I couldn't make out what she was saying and before I could walk up to her, the next thing I know is that my head started to hurt and I blacked out.

-

I woke up in chair next to Nat also with tape on my mouth and tying me to the chair. I didn't know what I was doing here, but I knew that it had to be Nat's fault because she was the one talking about me on the phone. I did nothing, but give her a mean look.

Then I heard a voice. It was faint at first, but it kept getting closer and closer. I couldn't move nor did I want to. I knew that voice better than anyone.

I haven't told anyone, but when I was kidnapped my Hydra, I wasn't the only one being held hostage. There was another girl there. Her name was Angela. I remember her from Budapest. She was Clint's girlfriend at the time and she would always get jealous of Nat and I because he had so much fun with us.

She confronted him about and told him that she didn't like us and she wanted us to stay away from him. He broke up her and she's hated us ever since. I have a feeling that this is her way of telling Clint that he made a big mistake.

"Well well well. If it isn't Julianne Barton. I take it you got my message."

I didn't speak and I couldn't. I still had tape on my mouth and if it wasn't bad enough she ripped it off making me shriek.

"OW!"

"Oops. Sorry. Actually I'm not. I've been wanting to that."

"Why are we hear?"

"Let's start from the beginning shall we. When we were at Hydra you were being tortured and they gave you powers. Well they did the same thing to me. I want you hear because I'm going to kill you both and then I will be the one having all the fun."

Just then Natasha's chair fell down and she was behind Angela and kicked her down. She untied me and we ran, but we weren't fast enough because a bunch of guards came after us.

We kicked, hit, punched, and we beat them all. Then two men came up behind us and caught us. They had tight grips on our arms and brought us to where Angela was.

The men took Nat to another room following Angela's orders and I was left alone with her. She walked away from me and all I saw was a wall of fire. She shape-shifted into a dragon.

I felt an adrenaline rush and all I thought about were dragons and the next thing I know I'm a dragon as well.

We locked eyes in the air and we fought. I managed to knock her out of the ground, but she got back up. This time I brought her to the ground, but she brought me with her. I breathed fire and made the entire room fill with smoke and flames. She extinguished the fire by using her power of water manipulation.

I came back to human form and we fought even more, but she tackled me to the ground and I was screaming in pain. She got up and I found the reason for all my pain. She cut the word 'Monster' into my arm.

I was lying there with blood dripping down my arm and tears coming down my face. I managed to stay awake and saw Angela fall back. She tried to get up, but couldn't because something was holding her down.

It was Thor's hammer. Then guards came and were instantly killed by Captain America's shield.

Thor picked up his hammer and Angela was lying in a pool of her own blood with a bullet straight through her heart. Nat was the one who killed her.

I got up still in pain and Nat brought me to the quinjet while everyone else stayed fighting. Eventually Bruce came aboard and wrapped my arm in a bandage. When he left it was me and Nat.

"Tasha. Why? Why did you did you that?"

"She told me she changed and I actually believed her. I'm sorry."

"Yeah well sorry doesn't cut it. You nearly got both of us killed and just because you thought she changed and you wanted me to show her powers. Well guess what I did and this is what happened." I said pointing to my arm.

With that said she gave me a sad look and left. She knew that it would take me a while to get over this and that I needed my space.

As soon as everyone got on board we made our way to the tower. I was alone in my own little corner of the jet. Not looking or speaking to anyone. Not even Steve or Clint.

-

We made it back to the tower and the first thing any of us did was go to our rooms. It was late and we've all had a very long day. I changed out of my suit into my pajamas and got into bed.
I couldn't sleep. I was tossing and turning and realized that I felt alone.
I got up and went to Natasha's door. I knocked and she let me in.

"I'm sorry Nat. I don't know what came over me. I guess I really am a monster."

"Don't say that Julie. We are not and will never be a monster. The real monster was Angela."

"Thanks. Goodnight."

"Goodnight."

I hugged her and she gave me smile. I went back to my room and finally went to sleep.