Chapter 15: Beautiful Faces

Start from the beginning

"Yes," Dante says, eyes alight with a need to make Dominic bleed.

"I remember he thought he had his foot on the city's neck. And you know what happened? I took him down," Dominic says unafraid, if not slightly taunting in the way he relays the information with so little emotion.

Dante looks away from him in mock drama, flinching on the inside.

"Let's not argue in front of the children, you are absolutely right, my father was a horrible man, very bad daddy," Dante says with growing darkness and animosity, his words coming out harsh, "but I kind of liked him and you took him from me when you stole our money and left us with nothing but suffering."

"That's what I came here for," Dominic says, sort of squaring up to Dante, his mouth sneering slightly, "to end that suffering. Oh, and I didn't take that money, I burned it."

"It's a shame you don't have family Dante, but I can't imagine who would want you in theirs," Dom adds, still bank faced but his eyes show his amusement at the way Dante seems to freeze at his words.

"Hmm you might have a point there Domy but yours isn't much to brag about, especially with that fuck up brother of yours," Dante responds with barely concealed venom.

From the way Dom smirks Dante feels like he's just fallen into a trap, it would thrill him if he believed Dominic intelligent enough to make a trap worthy of being stuck in, but he doesn't so he just looks at him. Dante narrows his eyes as Dom responds with a deep chuckle.

"We've both done our research, but you don't seem to have done enough...My fuck up brother has something you want, has had it for a while," Dom says, enjoying the way Dante finally looks curious but feeling guilty for what he is about to say.

"Oh yeah, what's that? An unlimited supply of steroids? Because if so thanks but no thanks, send my regards though," Dante responds, ready to get this over with.

"No, the girl who got away, from you that is, y/n. Talking about family, the girl is practically a Toretto, might be by now given how fast my brother likes to go..." he says with bite, wanting to rile Dante up and throw him off and he knows he succeeds when Dante goes dark-eyed and bloodthirsty in an instant.

Dante can feel himself losing his control internally, having to physically stop himself from attacking Dante and viciously tearing into him with his nails and teeth. He now knows just a little more about where she might be hiding but this is not something he planned for. This is going to make getting her back more difficult, but the rage at Dominic is now attached to his empty-headed brother who has now just shot to the top of Dante's 'must murder' list.

He smiles and turns away fluidly, dragging his index finger along his throat as if he is cutting it and up to his lip, muttering 'uh oh' in a cartoon-like voice. His mind is buzzing with the new information but he won't let himself lose control the way Dominic seems to want him to, but fuck, Dominic is begging to be tortured and Dante is chomping at the bit to rip out the dumbfuck's jugular.

He takes a step back with a deep sigh of 'well', the partygoers he knows are loyal to him having formed a group behind him as they spoke. His hands flit rhythmically as he speaks before going wide out to his sides like a mockery of Christ the Redeemer above the city. He decides to change gears and make Dominic play his game rather than give the follically impaired man the satisfaction to witness the turmoil he is drowning in on the inside.

"The city is mine and I own the city," Dante says, his followers all drawing their weapons behind him and pointing them at the unfazed Dominic.

"Ooh," Dante mocks Dominic as the many guns click as they are cocked.