4.

Ahaan's POV-

"Can you at least pretend to look happy?" Maa said gritting her teeth.

"Yeah" I replied faking a smile.

Currently, we're at my bua's place, because maa forced me to meet her before leaving. I stared at my dal blankly today I'm sitting with someone I hate so much.

Yeah my bua

I remember maa crying her heart out because of her and my grandma, I still don't know the reason because she never told me.

"Stop plotting my mom's murder Ahaan bhai." Shefali, my cousin said laughing.

"I'm not" I replied and she laughed looking at my face.

Shefali is my bua's only daughter and my little sister. I adore her so much.

"You still act like a maid Radhika" I heard dadi's voice and it instantly boiled my blood.

How the fuck she can say that to maa?

"Did you mean to be so rude nani?" Shefali replied looking at her in disbelief.

Maa comes from a middle-class family and my parents had a love marriage, which my dadi didn't approve of.

As if my father cares.

I've seen my father arguing with dadi and bua daily because they never treated my mom right and finally papa asked them to shift to some other house. He always respected and loved maa.

I so wanted to reply to dadi but couldn't because I know maa wouldn't like it.

"I guess we should leave. Maa let's go" I said looking at her.

"Ahaan beta you've not even eaten anything" dadi said.

"Thanks for the food dadi but I'm full." I said faking a smile.

"Bhai take me with you na, I'll help you approach girls" she said hugging me.

"It's quite the opposite kiddo, girls approach me" I replied smirking.

"Date as many girls as you want Ahaan, have fun. I've already selected the girl I want you to marry." Bua said caressing my cheek and I cringed at her choice of words while maa and Shefali looked at her with a 'who-is-she-to-decide' look.

"Ji" I said touching her feet.

"Tell your mom I've already selected a girl." I whispered in Shefali's ears when bua was busy talking to maa about something.

"WHAT?YOU-" I shushed her by putting my palm on her mouth.

"I'm putting you up for adoption." I looked at her in disbelief.

"dhejwkwlsdndekwwlsxndks"

"What?" I asked and she bit my hand.

"Ahh what are you a dog????"

"A bitch, just like my mom"

"Shefali" I said sternly.

"Chill bhai, you weren't removing your hand so I had to. Leave that tell me who's she?"

"A girl"

"Her name?" She asked.

"I don't know, her brother said her name is Antipriya."

"Anti- what?"

"Priya"

"Ooo medieval name nice." She didn't laugh. I was waiting for her to say something about the name but she didn't.