Exploding Potions

Lily, Marlene, Addie, and I leave the common room. They wanted to get to the dining hall early so we could get the best seats. I'm still not sure what the best seats are as every time I ask, they giggle amongst themselves.

We get to the dining room, and the three girls run to the seats in the middle. Lily points to the seat next to her, "Come on!"

I take the seat next to her and sigh, "Will you please explain to me why these are the best seats?"

A group of Slytherin boys walk in, taking the seats at their table in front of us. The girls let out dreamy sighs as they stare at them.

I look at the girls in confusion, "You made me wake up early on my first day of school just so we could sit here and stare at Slytherin boys?"

"They're the hottest guys in school, and we can see the hot Ravenclaw boys from here as well," Marlene says.

"I thought we were supposed to avoid Slytherins?"

Lily laughs, "Doesn't mean we can't look at them."

Another guy joins them, the one that was glaring at me last night. The second he sees me, he rolls his eyes. Lily looks at me in confusion, "What's going on between you and Regulus?"

"Who?" I ask.

Addie leans across the table and whispers, "The one with the killer jawline, his name is Regulus Black."

"He's Sirius's little brother," Lily adds.

I nod to myself, processing the new information. If Regulus is Sirius's brother, then why haven't I seen them speak to each other?

"Speaking of the devil," Addie mumbles.

Hands fall on my shoulders, I look up to see Sirius smiling down at me. "Good morning, beautiful."

"It was a good morning until you showed up," I mumble.

I push his hands off of me, and James laughs, "Admit it, (Y/n). You love us."

"I've only known you for a day, and all you've done is annoy me."

James pulls his hands to his chest, "Your words are like a bullet to my heart."

"Good, then bleed out."

The girls laugh, even Remus laughs a bit. James and Sirius shake their heads, sharing a look with each other. I turn back around and notice that Regulus is staring at us, an unreadable look on his face as he looks at his brother.

"Go bother someone else," Lily says.

James sits on the other side of her, resting his arm against the table. He gives her a cocky smile, "Are you getting jealous, Evans?"

"You wish. Now go somewhere else, Potter. We don't have time for your shit."

The four boys sit at the end of the table, mumbling to themselves. I look back at Lily, "Please tell me they get less annoying."

"If I did, then I'd be lying."

~~°°••°°~~

My first class is potions. Luckily, Lily has the same class as well. When we walk in, I notice that the Marauders are in the same class. Lily and I share an annoyed look and sneak over to the table furthest away from them. James noticed us, of course.

"Evans! (Y/n)!" he calls out.

He pushes through a group of Slytherin girls. They giggle as he trips. James stands next to Lily, a bright smile on his face. "How is it that we always have the same classes every year?"