Chapter XXXIII

It had officially been a few months since I ran here. Work was going well. My coworkers were welcoming and friendly. They wanted to throw me a welcoming party. My coworkers Ha-ri and Sam were my new friends. Even though it had only been a few months, I had already went out for drinks with them and they have been kind enough to help me when I needed it.
All those sleepless nights when I was thinking about Chan, they were there for me.
Me and Ha-ri were close, practically inseparable. Me and Sam hung out occasionally, but never alone. We were always with Ha-ri.

"Are you ready for your party?" Ha-ri peaked over my desk.
"I thought we settled on no party." I smiled.
"Come on. It'll be fun!" She came around. "Sam will be there." She nudged me.
"I don't like Sam like that." I turned to look at her. "I've got someone back home."
"What ever happened between you two? Why hasn't he visited?" I was hesitant to say.
"Well, he works all the time. We are sorting out living arrangements. I talk to him all the time." I lied.
"Okay. Can I meet him sometime?" I nodded my head knowing she'd never meet him.
I wasn't set on staying here long, I just needed enough time for him to forget.

My phone rang as I walked to my car, picking it up I noticed it was Felix. I talked to him once since I left. He was worried and scared. I lied and told him I went on vacation.
I answered. "You better be taking care of yourself! Make sure you eat actual meals."
"How's your vacation?" He asked.
"It's okay. I miss you guys." I got into my car.
"Chan comes by every day so you don't need to worry. He feeds me." He laughed, but I broke inside.
"Does he ask about me?"
"He misses you like crazy. I told him you were on vacation. It eased his worries." I wanted him to move on, but this seemed a lot harder than I thought.
"That's good. I got to go, okay? Eat some dinner before bed. Don't go to bed hungry!" I scolded.
"Mhm. Call me if you need anything!" I hung up the phone, setting it back in my pocket.

I arrived at the restaurant, everyone was there. "Sorry it took us so long to have this party. You know how busy it gets around the office." My boss laughed.
I sat down next to Ha-ri, adjusting my seat. "Thank you all so much for this." I smiled.
"Order anything you'd like, it's on me." My boss spoke up as everyone cheered.
"You look a little pale, are you sick?" Ha-ri put her hand up to my forehead.
"I'm not sick." I laughed and removed her hand. "I talked to Felix before I got here."
"Ahh, your brother. You must miss him a lot." She shot up. "Sam's here!"
He was gorgeous. His facial features complimented each other so perfectly and he always was best dressed.
"I'm sorry I'm late!" He laughed and sat next to me. "We're all glad to have you with us." He smiled.

After a few drinks, Ha-ri could barely speak. "Nina! Never leave us." She put her arms around me.
"I think you've had too much to drink." I laughed while catching her.
"I have not! I'm just expressing how thankful I am to have met you!" She giggled with hiccups in between her breaths.
"I'll take her home." Sam got up.
"I want to stay here with Nina!" She reached for me.
"Let's get you home."
"I'll come with you." Ha-ri squealed as she threw an arm around me.

Putting her in the car was not easy. She fought us the entire time. "I want to stay!" She screamed.
When we finally got her in, she passed out in the backseat, occasionally throwing up on the floor. "I'll clean it up for you." I said.
"It's okay. I got it." He was very soft spoken.
The drive was silent until he broke it. "So, how's that boyfriend back home?"
"He spends a lot of time with my brother since he misses me so much." I laughed.
"Do you plan on moving back home?" He turned down her street.
"I'm not sure yet." I wanted to eventually move back in with Felix, but I was doomed if I did it this soon.
"He should move here. I enjoy having you here." There was a pause. "Ha-ri does too."

When we arrived at her house, it was small but cozy. We grabbed her from the backseat. She opened her eyes. "Are we going to buy more drinks?"
"No, we're getting you to bed." Sam said as he struggled to get her out. She instantly went back to sleep as he carried her inside.
I followed him the whole way. "Have you and Ha-ri known each other long?"
"We grew up together. She's like my little sister." He smiled.
As we got inside, he laid her in bed. "Ha-ri!" He shook her. "Here's a glass of water and some meds. Make sure you take it in the morning." She nodded her head, drifting off to sleep.

We returned to his car with a silent drive. We turned into the parking lot of the restaurant. "Are you coming inside?" He turned around.
"I'm going to head home for the night." I smiled, walking to my car.
He ran behind me grabbing my wrist. It reminded me of Chan, I pulled away. "I'm sorry if that made you uncomfortable."
"It didn't. It's something Chan used to do. I'm sorry." I looked down at my feet.
"Would you like to hang out sometime? Just the two of us?" Was he asking me on a date?
"If this is your way of asking me out then I'm going to decline."
"It's not, don't worry." He smiled. I nodded my head.
I walked to my car, pulling out my phone. There was a notification from Chan. "When are you coming home?" I ignored the message slipping it right into my pocket.