Chapter 11

Y/n's POV

"It's ok sweet girl mommy's here." I spoke softly as her screaming pierced my ears. "I don't know what's wrong. I can't help you I'm sorry." I stressed as I bounced her in my arms.

It been minutes... hours... days. I don't even know anymore.

Saylah would not. Stop. Crying.

I'd done everything. She didn't need a diaper change. She wasn't hungry. She wasn't to hot or to cold. The fan wasn't helping her. She's to young to be teething yet.
She couldn't have been sick.

But she wouldn't stop.

"Come on Saylah work with me please." I sighed as I tried to feed her again. But she wouldn't latch on. "Oh god Saylah please stop crying." I said getting choked up but trying my best not to cry with her.

No one else was home. JJ was at a girls house. He started talking to her last week and they've been hanging out.  Kie was at home. And John B and Pope were going surfing tomorrow so they stayed at Popes.

I could feel myself going into a panic attack. I was trying to slow my breathing but that wasn't working, because Saylah just seemed to get louder.

"I can't do this." I choked as I laid her in her crib and stepped out.

I knew she'd be ok. I just needed a second alone.

I shut the door behind me and leaned against it as her screams echoed through the house.

I focused on my breathing as tears started down my face.

I felt horrible not being able to help her. I'm her mother I'm suppose to know what's wrong. It's my job to make sure she's ok and she's not.

I slid down the door and covered my ears as I cried silently. I knew it was gonna be hard but I didn't know that meant hours of crying for no reason.

I felt like a failure.

"I'm sorry." I whispered as I hugged myself.

I heard her cry's get quieter after a while. Just turning into short whimpers.

I started to feel my eyes get heavy as my head leaned against the door frame. I didn't even realize how tired I was until then, and I ended up falling asleep...

"Y/n." I heard but my eyes didn't open yet. "Y/n wake up." Someone's hand touched my shoulder and I opened my eyes.

"JJ?" I questioned as the blonde pushed my hair out of my face with concern written on his.

"What are you doing out here?" He asked as I rubbed my eyes.

"She wouldn't stop crying. I didn't know what else to do." I told him as he helped me stand up.

"Well how'd you end up out here?" He asked still holding my hands.

"I just put her in her crib." I sniffled. "Came out here and I guess I fell asleep." I shrugged not looking at him, which caused me to notice the girl standing confused behind him. "Oh fuck. Is this her?" I asked him.

"Oh yea, this is Gabby." He said. "We stopped by to get my board. Gabby this is Y/n." He said letting go of my hands so he could introduce us.

"Hi." She smiled and waved awkwardly.

"Hi. Sorry I'm such a mess right now, if I knew you were coming I probably wouldn't have been asleep on the floor." I shrugged and my hands came down and slapped my thighs.

"No it's alright. My sister, when she had her baby, she use to have to turn the vacuum cleaner on. She said it soothed her... if that helps." She said.

"I'll definitely be trying that. I can't believe I fell asleep out here." I said cracking my neck. "You guys going surfing?" I asked as I made my way to the kitchen.