Chapter 5 - Emberlee

Depuis le début

"Yeah, what's it to you?" I ask, rudely.

"Sorry!" the short dumpy one asks.

"I'm not," the other says as he holds out his hand.  "I'm Goyle and this is Crabbe."

"Forgive me if I don't shake your hand."

Draco does though, with a smile on his face and I shake my head.

"I'm Draco Malfoy and this is my foster sister Emberlee Potter."

I glare at him for revealing who I am.

The two boys join us which I am none too happy about.  I have no idea how they know my name but I have a feeling I'm about to find out.

"It's so tragic what happened to your parents," Goyle says and I suddenly pay attention.

"What do you know?" I ask, giving away I have no idea.

"You don't know?" Crabbe asks.  "Oh man, that's even more tragic."

I glare at him and go for my wand but Draco stops me.

"What happened?" he asks.

"Everyone is talking about how they went up against Voldemort which got them killed," Crabbe says like it's the most exciting thing he's ever heard.

I want to say something about respect but Draco has gotten to know my buttons over the years and knows my parents are a sensitive subject so he puts his hand on my leg to stop me over reacting.

"Apparently your three younger siblings were there and when your mother tried to protect them, it put a spell over them so they could not be killed but two of them were left with scars, one on the forehead and one on the shoulder," Crabbe continues.

I didn't know any of this so I rest my head on Draco's shoulder and begin to cry.

"Could you leave us alone?" Draco says as he wraps his arms round me.

The two boys leave, closing the door behind them.

"Did you know?" I ask, looking up at him but he shakes his head.

"We haven't kept secrets from each other since we were three years old," he says.  "If I knew anything, I swear I would have told you."

He moves the strands of hair from my now wet face and as we look into each other's eyes, I feel something different toward him and as he leans in closer to me, my tummy starts doing back flips until he kisses me quickly on the lips.  I then lay my head back on his shoulder and fall asleep with him cuddling me.

That was two years ago, and now we're sitting on the Hogwarts Express on our way to start our third year at the famous school of Witchcraft and Wizardry.

I wasn't sure if the triplets were actually going to attend the school because I'd heard that my Aunt Petunia and Uncle Vernon were against magic, but I had heard whispering as we boarded and know they were on board.

I didn't want to cause a scene by going after them on the train so I chose a compartment with Draco, Crabbe and Goyle – who are like Draco's lapdogs and follow him everywhere, doing whatever he asks – and we stay there until the train stops.

I don't see them amongst the other first years when we get off the train, and in fact I don't see them until the sorting ceremony...

"There they are," I whisper to Draco and we both glare at Harry when he turns to us.

The students line up and Professor McGonagall says a few words before she begins calling up the first years.

After four students have been sorted, the professor calls Hollie up and places the hat on her head.

"Well, well, well, one of the daughters of James and Lily Potter.  I could place you in Slytherin like your older sister..."

Great, I don't want one of those brats in my house.

"Please no..." I whisper.

"No, I think, Gryffindor," the hat says and I sigh with relief.

Harry is called up next and I cannot believe he looks like my father – this makes me angry.

"Difficult, very difficult," the hat says.  "Plenty of courage, I see.  Not bad mind, either.  There's talent, oh, yes, and a thirst to prove yourself.  But where to put you? Not Slytherin, eh? Are you sure? You could be great, you know.  It's all here, in your head.  And Slytherin will help you on the way to greatness, no doubt about that.  No? Well, if you're sure.  Better be... Gryffindor."

I breathe another sigh of relief as I continue to watch the two of them.

"Isabella Swan," the professor calls and I turn to look as a young girl, almost the spit of my mother gets up and has the hat placed on her head.

"Goodness gracious me," the hat says.  "Another Potter, I did not expect to see the day all the Potter children would be attending Hogwarts.  Well Isabella... Bella, okay... you have years on you... you would be best served in Gryffindor."

I watch as she takes her seat.