7

"She's a wolf." His mother said in the meeting room. Leo and his younger sisters all stood around for the evaluation and decision of the leader of the pride.

"Yes."

"No." She replied. "Find a lioness."

"It's not really up for discussion mother." He explained. "I'm with her."

"Fran told me everything and she's more child than woman, unless, if that's the appeal."

Francesca cut in. "No. She's all woman. Too much right now for him and what I also explained was that he was also ready to die for her."

"The Pride-"

"Our family should care more about our personal lives than that of the pride. It's a newer world out there mom, things are changing and we'll be making executive decisions soon." Leo explained.

"I'm still the Head Lioness and what I say goes."

"Then I'm no long a part of the pride." He said.

Rosie got up and turned to her mother and brother. "Are you serious? This is the stupidest thing I've ever witness—"

"Quiet." Leo and his mother said in unison. Rosa huffed in annoyance and left the room to see Luna in the kitchen.

"Hey-"

Luna dropped the bowl and her macaroni and cheese went everywhere.

"I'm so sorry." She explained bending down to clean up the mess with trembling hands.

"No need. It was an accident." She bent down to help her clean up. "Can you hear them?"

"Yes."

"And?"

"I don't want him to have to choose. I want him happy with both me and your family."

"It always works out in Leo favor. Our males may treat us better than yours but we still put them higher than ourselves. When daddy dies, mom will have no choice but to cave in."

"I thought Leo didn't want to run the pride."

"What?"

"That's what he told me."

"Well, then this must be a part of the plan somehow." She washed her hands while Luna walked to the trash.

Leo walked into the room, Francesca and his mother behind him. He looked at Rosie and nodded. He glanced over to Luna.

"Come,"

She walked over and he kiss her. She gasped as his hands daringly and inappropriately groped her in front of his female relatives. She pulled back and bit her lip, loving the minty taste of his tongue.

"I'm going for a little bit and I need you to stay here with Rosie."

"Okay," She dazedly replied grasping his shirt. The contact was unbearable and she knew he did it to spite his mother.

"We'll be leaving as soon as I get back okay?"

"Okay."

He pulled away and Luna was left standing there frozen to the spot. She couldn't take it anymore the tightness in her lower abdomen was proving to be more than she could handle. She took some deep breaths and washed her hands besides Rosie.

"Phew," She smelled Luna's shoulder. "Your scent is so much stronger than ours. Got the whole room smelling."

She blushed.

"Ever tried to calm that on your own before?" She asked in pure curiosity. "It'll help. Most definitely help."

"I-I've tried before but it makes it worse." She explained. "Only Leo makes it better."