Chapter 2 - Hagrid

Magsimula sa umpisa

Wait, Emberlee? Three? What is she on about?

"And then she got herself blown up, and we got landed with you."

"Blown up?" I ask.  "You told us our parents died in a car crash."

"A car crash?" the giant asks.  "A car crash killed Lily and James Potter?"

"We had to say something," Aunt Petunia says.

"It's an outrage! A scandal!"

"They'll not be going," Uncle Vernon insists.

"And I suppose a great Muggle like you is going to stop them?"

"Muggle?" Hollie asks.

"Non-magic folk.  These children have had their names down since they were born.  They're going to the finest school of witchcraft and wizardry in the world... and they'll be under the finest headmaster Hogwarts has ever seen, Albus Dumbledore."

"I will not pay to have an crackpot old fool teach them magic tricks."

The giant points his brolly at Uncle Vernon.

"Never insult Albus Dumbledore in front of me."

He looks at his pocket watch.

"We're a bit behind schedule.  Best be off."

He turns to leave but stops and turns back to us.

"Unless you'd rather stay, of course."

He goes out the door so I look at Hollie.

"It's gotta be better than being here, they hate you."

"But they love you."

"Yes but sounds like it's not just the two of us and this giant clearly knows about our parents."

"Do you want to go?"

"Yes!"

"Then what are we waiting for?"

We follow him out the door.

~Hollie's POV~

As we follow the giant, who we now know is called Rubeus Hagrid, Harry reads something out.

"All students must be equipped with one standard size 2 pewter cauldron and may bring, if they desire, either an owl, a cat or a toad."

"Can we find all this in London?" I ask.

"If you know where to go."

We follow him to a door with a sign above it which read 'The Leaky Cauldron' and we go inside.

There are people chatting and laughing, and all are dressed in clothing from the olden days.

We make our way towards the bar.

"Ah, Hagrid," the bartender says.  "The usual, I presume?"

"No thanks, Tom.  I'm on official Hogwarts business.  Just helping Harry and Hollie buy their school supplies."

"Bless my soul," the bartender says.  "It's Harry and Hollie Potter."

My eyes widen and I look at Harry who is also as shocked as me.

The bar goes silent and everyone looks over at us.  I suddenly feel nervous.

"Welcome back, young Potters.  Welcome back," one man says.

"Doris Crockford," a woman says.  "I can't believe I'm meeting you both at last."

"Harry and Hollie," another man says with a stutter.

He is wearing what looks like a turban and part of it is hanging over his shoulders.

"C-can't t-tell you how p-pleased I am to m-meet you both."  He struggles with his words.

"Hello Professor," Hagrid says.  "I didn't see you there.  Harry, Hollie, this is Professor Quirrell, he will be your Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher."

"Oh, nice to meet you," Harry says, holding out his hand.

The man looks at it but seems to not want to touch it.

"F-fearfully f-fascinating subject.  Not that you two need it, eh, P-potters?"

Conversations with this teacher are going to be interestingly slow.

"Yes, well, must be going now," Hagrid says.  "Lots to buy."

"Goodbye," Harry says before we follow Hagrid through a door and into what looks like a cellar.

"See, guys? You're famous."

"But why are we famous?" I ask.  "All those people, how is it they know who we are?"

"I'm not sure I'm the right person to tell you that."

We stop at a wall and Hagrid taps it with his brolly in a sequence before the bricks begin to move aside, revealing a passageway.

"Welcome to Diagon Alley."