EP 33 - Taking a beating now won't be the end of the world

Start from the beginning

Given how she's distracted by her commentary and whoever she was comparing the boy to, he put all of his might to commit an uppercut to her jaw, causing her to reel back.

Getting himself up again, the brunette stood up a bit more pleased touching her jaw, it ached a bit and she stood back up again. She giggled and put her arms up, "Much better, Okkotsu-san! Let's try taking it up a notch!" He tried to do what she seemed to do with her fists, concentrating cursed energy into them and then running towards her to strike her side. She dodged and then kicked his shin with cursed energy and he tried to do it as well amidst dodging her barrage of hits, twisting himself once before landing another strike. But he was tired honestly.

'Honestly,' Gojo thought; 'Yuri-chan might teach better than me.' Crying to himself as he saw Yuta drop to the ground and draw a metaphorical white flag. 'Maybe she should become a teacher when she graduates.'

"I'm tired, Yuri-san. I give up..."

"But now you know what it's like right?" crouching down to meet his eyes.

She softly explained, "being a Jujutsu Sorcerer is hard work. We're expected to die on any mission... alone and all that sad stuff that makes us question why we exist and even exorcise cursed spirits--but that's besides the point I'm trying to make." She dragged him up from the ground. "Standing up after already hitting the ground from brawling with me means you're good to go with me!" giving him a thumbs up. "That resolve you made at the hospital is pretty solid too," which caused him to tense up to a fruitless response.

"Yuri-chan! The principal's calling for you!" Their mediocre teacher shouted.

Patting his aching shoulder, she instructed him. "Go to Shoko-san to get healed. Tell me when you're feeling better, okay?"

"Sure," seeing her jog back to the buildings.

He was in awe... twice at this point.

Meanwhile, from a tall building with binoculars, the streak-haired student commented, "He didn't get any blood." Disappointedly passing some bank notes to the taller triumphant male in a jacket, the binoculars were tossed back to a bore-filled face with her feet raised to desk. "Thanks for these, Tamin! Wanna skip class after lunch?"

The student only shook her head. "Takada-chan's live interview starts right after lunch, I need to watch it while you both have a mission with Ijichi-san at that time too," she reminded them monotonously, leaving the two 2nd years in the room.

Hoshi Kirara mumbled in disappointment, "I get she just transferred from the other campus away in Kyoto but it's been a month already," leaning over the wooden frame. "Do you think Yuri-chan might eat with us again?" stretching a bit.

"Doubt it," the boy stated. "She's probably going on a mission again."

_ _ _

"Huh?" dropping her packet of cookies; "I can't go to the Kyoto campus anymore?"

Sighing at her misunderstanding, the sunglasses wearing principal reiterated; "Due to the fact that you are overseeing Okkotsu Yuta's assimilation into Jujutsu High and that Orimoto Rika fully manifested on his first day, the higher ups, family heads, alongside myself and Principal Gakuganji have come to an agreement that you'll be working with him almost exclusively until the school year is over." Letting a cursed corpse, a tiny elephant stuffed in pink, pick up the packet.

"That does not mean you're banned from going to the Kyoto campus," he clarified. She only thanked the pink elephant for holding up her packet, petting it with thanks before taking out a cookie. "You're just going to be watching over every single mission of his like a nanny from now on."

"Every. Single. One?"

"More or less," he nodded his head. "I'm sure you can find a loophole within the fine print," he held out an envelope for her, "you're a crafty one after all," which she promptly took after her dismissal. As she closed the door, she was met by the poker-faced student from the corner of her eyes.

"Can you stop being a mix of red and blue?" the senior hissed in annoyance. "It's getting annoying," the older girl muttered; "I'm already lost tryna find the common room."

"You are?" pivoting the 1st year's thoughts immediately to helping her senior navigate correctly.

_ _ _

Seeds of doubt began to sprout soon enough as Kamo pondered to himself, unable to get rid of the text he received from his ex-classmate whilst his english textbook laid open on the desk.

)Yuri can't work with you for a while.(

)Higher ups made the decision.(

)She's stuck with Okkotsu Yuta.(

[Thank you for telling me, Natsume.]

"Who in the world is... Okkotsu Yuta?"

_ _ _

A/N:

This was the original EP 32 initially titled Deadly Drive. It didn't fit that well now so uhh have this goofy title.

High chance I might edit it again so I'll only properly schedule the publishing like in 2 days from now. (August 15th, 2023)

It's September 1st. And I gave up on making a lot of edits to include commentary/reaction from Maki/Konbu/Panda. Now if anyone remembered the initial release of part 1, I basically made it a backup plan that in case my motivation for completing the entire story diminished I could theoretically just flesh out part 0. (And then do part 3 on it's own.)

I mean, I have to face it, it's kind of impossible to do justice for 3 b-plots and side-gags within the span of 20 chapters with 1200-1300 words each and sprinkle some of that side story jujusanpo shenanigans. But I do know what story points I have to hit so it's not completely aimless!

I have the last chapter of Part 0 planned already.

See you next week!