EP 16 - Halloween Cosplayers Night

HERE WE ARE.1

1-2 FLOWER GARDEN

EP 16

_ _ _

It's the morning of October 31st. The students at Tokyo Jujutsu High were perplexed by how cheery the white-haired teacher was, having taken them out to the field, hours before their so called rendezvous around 4 o'clock. One regarding their patrol around Shibuya for today. With a larger metallic box in tow than previously, the 2nd years joked that he had brought back their classmates too. "Or even our senpai. Their suspension terms were never revealed!" Panda quipped. "Shake!" The tuna-loving teen nodded.

"Now now children," he boisterously caught their attention. "Since today's Halloween, I managed to convince the old scrawny men to let you patrol in costumes! You're all still teenagers, so it'd be a waste of your youth you know?" Cheerily explaining the situation. But it was so sudden, they unanimously thought. Raising his hand, Megumi inquired: "Wouldn't it be more dangerous if we weren't in our uniforms when we encounter cursed spirits?"

Wearing his completely dark glasses, he smirked. "I'm so glad you asked, Megumi," gesturing to the large box he had in tow before popping open the lid. "That is why I have prepared all of you matching costumes!" quickly passing around their costumes, sealed in clear plastic. "I used all your measurements from your uniforms; including preferences to make these well in advance for today from the same provider!" His voice filled with a sense of pride. An audible gasp was heard by Kugisaki who wasn't expecting to receive a completely white dress. "WHY IS THERE A WIG IN HERE GOJO-SENSEI?!"

"Jo-san," giving up her professionalism, "you didn't order shoes for us right?" Only to notice him scavenging into the box, asking her to repeat that again. "Shoes?" He simply laughed. "If you're wondering if you got ruby slippers I'm afraid not! I went book accurate and got you silver ones instead!" Tossing hers which were promptly caught in a glass basket she conjured.

"So it is full costume," she muttered in dread. "Kugisaki, do you want to switch costumes? I can be Cla-" Just to be met by her bursting in laughter at the boxes the seafoodheaded juniors received. Both were head pieces to say the least. Both in dark black faux fur of the seemingly highest quality for no good reason. How much money did Gojo pour into this?

"Well, originally, I had planned Rina-chan to be Dorothy but since she's also away with Yuta-kun by chance, it'd be a waste if nobody was Dorothy in the set!" Gojo blabbered off into oblivion about how he decided on these picks. "Remember, we'll be back here after school ends! Wear your costumes too!"

Hence their impromptu wardrobe change announcement was done.

_ _ _

It's 4pm of October 31st. Gathered once once more within the spectator room used for the Goodwill Event, the students dressed up from fashionable to utterly elaborate were quickly met by other jujutsu sorcerers who were not all in costumes. (Or ones with effort to be precise.) They all greeted each other before Ijichi, as the assistant director, began to brief them about their task.

Although it was an unofficial event, it cannot be denied that on Halloween Night, the general Shibuya area was filled to the brim with dressed up people in varying levels of scary outfits and makeup. This influx in civilians within the area increases the likelihood of cursed spirits to appear, as the negative thoughts, feelings and emotions can be further heightened by the common practice of drinking alcoholic beverages. Additionally, the whole nature of the unofficial gathering was likely to raise erratic and violent behaviour* to further illustrate the cycle of cursed spirits forming in the area.