26. Kindergarten Kid

The Crystal Gems are looking through the Kindergarten for leftover corrupted gems, previously captured and imprisoned here by Jasper. Steven and Peridot walk up to a cage in the cliff face.

Here's another one!

The other gems are in front of another cage, ready to beat up a corrupted gem inside.

"Got it, Steven! Ready... Go!" Garnet orders Amethyst, Pearl, and Turquoise

"Grab its legs!" Amethyst yells

"That's not a leg!" Garnet yells out

"Watch the claws!" Turquoise adds

"Ow!"

The Gems successfully poof the corrupted gem and exit the cage, with Garnet holding the gemstone in a bubble.

"It's a little disturbing that Jasper was just keeping these corrupted gems in cages." Pearl says

"Isn't that what we're doing?" Amethyst asks

"Aren't the bubbles like prisons?" Turquoise asks

"That's different." Pearl answers

"They're cared for in the stasis of the bubble. As long as they're bubbled, they can't hurt anyone, and they won't suffer." Garnet sends the bubbled gem away."It's what Rose wanted."

Steven and Peridot stayed outside of the cage they found and watched the corrupted gem inside.

"Huh. I guess this is the last of them." Steven says

Inside, a bipedal, avian-esque Gem monster snarls with her tongues stuck out as she erratically runs around and falls over on her head.

Peridot laughs. "I can't believe these dumb things used to be Gems!"

"Peridot. Rude!" Turquoise says, lying on a rock twirling one of his disk blades around one of his fingers

Garnet walks over. "Pearl, Amethyst, Turquoise, get ready." Garnet beckons the other Gems over."This one is flighty."

"Are Corrupted Gems not like this on Homeworld?" Steven asks Peridot

"We don't have anything like this on Homeworld." Peridot answers

"Here we go!"

Garnet pulls the metal bar of the cage, and the Tongue Monster immediately charges out, slamming into Garnet.

"Garnet!"

As the Tongue Monster runs away, Amethyst tries to reel her back with her whip but gets dragged off along. Pearl begins shooting energy blasts at the Tongue Monster with her spear to no success. The Tongue Monster runs back, sending Amethyst colliding into Pearl. Turquoise throws multiple disks at the tongue monster, it dashing in different directions dodging the disks before jumping on Turquoise, slamming him into the ground. The Tongue Monster then scales up the cliff to higher ground, snarls, and successfully retreats. Peridot begins laughing at the Gems' failure.

"That was terrible!" Peridot laughs

"This is harder than it looks, you know!" Pearl argues